LS ECU

/ LS ECU #11  
If you can't find any affordable repair options for your ECU and you decide to throw it in the trash, please PM me before doing so. I'll give you a little something for it.

/ LS ECU #12  
dealer replaced mine under warranty at about 350 hours chasing a regen issue, it didn't fix it, but they did replace it.

/ LS ECU #13  
Well........I also just found out that my XR4040 will need a new ECU. I have about 480 hours on mine. To make matters worse, the price has gone up to near $5000 after tax. 1/4 of the cost of the tractor. Told the dealer to sit on it while I recover from the gut punch. I'm not complaining so much about having to replace an ECU, but the cost is stupid.

/ LS ECU #14  
Well........I also just found out that my XR4040 will need a new ECU. I have about 480 hours on mine. To make matters worse, the price has gone up to near $5000 after tax. 1/4 of the cost of the tractor. Told the dealer to sit on it while I recover from the gut punch. I'm not complaining so much about having to replace an ECU, but the cost is stupid.
Need to check out pc board houses a lot of places repair pc board’s industrial at fraction of the cost. Someone else on this sight had lead on repair house. All this board is doing is monitoring various sensors and providing close loop on emissions. Another thought would be tractor salvage have to believe these get rolled, on fire or some other unfortunate loss. Your right 5k usd is robbery at its finest. Might raise further concerns with your local farm bureau they have pushed for farmers on right to repair equipment. If this was insured by farm Bureau insurance you could have claimed repair for down time. They offer some repair replace on ag equipment used on farm through their policies. Farmers don’t always have liquid cash for down Tractor repairs especially in the spring time.

/ LS ECU #16  
dealer should be able to program it with the stock flash

Last edited:
   / LS ECU #17  
Wonder if they can program before it installed in tractor? I have 160 mile round trip to dealer and don’t have my own trailer.

/ LS ECU #18  
An XR4040 uses a Shibaura engine I think. Regen on Shibaura engines was every 4 hours and LS did not make anything related to the engine, so wherever Shibaura got the ECU for them is anyone's guess. LS quit using Shibaura because of the problems with them. You can get an ECU for an LS engine for about $1200, but for a Shibaura over $3000. Don't know if anyone can refurbish it for you but good luck. Tier 4 A was phased in by starting with on-road engines only at first, then went to off road equipment over 175 HP, then went to 75 HP, and then with Tier 4 B down to 30 and above. Thank the tree huggers for pressuring the government to force this on us.