LS MT 225S

/ LS MT 225S #91  
Congratulations on picking up your new toy... eerrr... I mean tool ! :thumbsup: looks good! My neighbor is taking his 225 to get the BH put on Monday.

/ LS MT 225S #92  
Another new MT225S finding an owner this week. I am swapping a very recently acquired MT122H for it on Thursday. Loved the MT122 and it will do what I need, with one big exception. I ordered it with the LS SSQA bracket, which it turns out is not SSQA but a smaller variant of some kind. The dealer was not aware of this, and even the LS Rep had to check. They have both been great to work with and are taking the MT122 back without me losing any money on it. I applied that money plus $3500 to buy the MT225S. I now have more tractor than I need, lets see how it works out. Does anyone know how it is possible the Deere 1025R and 2025R, which use the identical Yanmar engine, rates their HP at 3,200 RPM, while the MT225S rates the same HP at 2,800 RPM.

/ LS MT 225S #94  
More tractor than you need? No such thing! :laughing:

Nice job! Good luck and thanks for sharing!

/ LS MT 225S #95  
I am still in the single digits on the hour meter but this MT225s is the “real deal.”

/ LS MT 225S #96  
I am still in the single digits on the hour meter but this MT225s is the “real deal.”

You'll have to elaborate. I am picking mine up Thursday (no Backhoe or mower), and all my seat time in a tractor is recent and in an MT122H. I am mostly doing loader work, soil, mulch, gravel, DG, and then some scraping, leveling, raking. The MT122 was plenty to get it done. It's loader is rated 1,005 lbs, and LS does not specify, but that is likely at the pins, 59 inches high. I see the MT225S is barely stronger at 1,067 lbs. What did you come from and how is your loader experience?

/ LS MT 225S #97  
I have been running pallet forks on my MT225S finding the forks weigh 200 lbs leaves me about Roughly 850 lbs at the pins. Further out on the forks loose curl capability at 650 lbs. with woods 4400 lb forks, but that痴 fine I don稚 have fluid in tires. Unit is balanced good enough to handle 700 lbs without fluid. I am glad the unit will not lift above 1000 lbs. the width of tractor is not wide enough to handle excessive weight, the stance is to narrow. FYI the forks were for my LS XR3135 they fit fine on the MT225S. I am 26 hours on the MT225S it has mowed most of these hours. Few hours on bucket work in dirt. It痴 handy since it痴 smaller unit over the XR. Plus few hours with pallet forks. No complaints on performance it acts much like 30 HP tractor similar to an LK3054 Kioti I owned. I do enjoy the foot room on the floorboard can stretch out legs get comfortable. I mounted a REI fender mount radio off the roll bar clamped it on with with side arm looks like it came from factory with radio. No disappointments on tractor. I am sure I would have been happy with ls mt125 too based on all posted YouTube clips. However wanted something closer in size to the Tc26da I traded in the MT225S was it. Need input from MT225S owners with fluid filled tires any issues with tracks in yard. Need your input.

/ LS MT 225S #98  
Also need input on anyone who has BH on the MT225S how is it痴 performance . Looking for someone to share pros and cons of the BH. My understanding it痴 frame mounted BH?

/ LS MT 225S #99  
Also need input on anyone who has BH on the MT225S how is it痴 performance . Looking for someone to share pros and cons of the BH. My understanding it痴 frame mounted BH?

The BH on the 25-S has a slightly better digging force than the one on my 3025! My neighbor just had his installed and I jot a chance to play with it this past weekend. Lots of leg room (more than mine), very smooth operations, sealed boots around the controls, very heavily built. It digs very well, multiple functions at once are not an issue. The seat is fantastic.... pull a lever, it raises by a gas cylinder (strut), pull another lever and the seat turns easily. It is a Grammer seat... top of the line on this tractor.

The only " con" that I noticed was no float position on the boom. My MT125 did not have it, by my 3025 does.... it is a really nice feature. I was surprised that it was not used on this BH.

To answer your question, yes it is a full subframe attached to the tractor, BH mounts with two lower fixed pins, two upper removable pins. Very similar to how the MT122/125 BH mounts. My neighbor says it really "balances the feel" of the tractor. You DON'T have to remove the 3 point to mount the BH or remove the mower. There are factory mounts for a thumb, but it has not been released for sale by LS yet.

/ LS MT 225S #100  
I am not sure when he will do it, but my neighbor has purchased 40 gals of Washer fluid to fill the rears. Probably by this weekend. I can report back when he does it. I think I have more time playing on HIS tractor than he does!