LS MT 225S

/ LS MT 225S #71  
I paid 23,000 for tractor loader backhoe and mmm

/ LS MT 225S #72  
Wraven if you don't mind me asking, what dealer quoted you 19k for the TLB? I have received two quotes from my local dealers, one at $22,300 & the other at $21,693.

Where are you located? The dealer that I know is selling the 225-S TLB for $19,200 is near Austin Tx. I purchased my full size XG3025 TLB (MT225E) from him for $21 K. Prices can vary greatly according to region /area. There is currently a dealer in Wisconsin selling the full size MT225HE (HST version) with loader for $15,800. It pays to shop around.

/ LS MT 225S #73  
Only had time for a quick pic last night before we put it to work with the new flail. Since we're talking monies, my price was $15,750, not including the mower.

MT225s.jpg

/ LS MT 225S #74  
Wraven if you don't mind me asking, what dealer quoted you 19k for the TLB? I have received two quotes from my local dealers, one at $22,300 & the other at $21,693.

$19 was a cash price. I know you can expect to pay a couple grand more with a low financing rate through the dealership.

/ LS MT 225S #75  
I would stay far away from LS thought. After a few hundred hours you will be giving away that money saved back to LS and the dealer. If you really like that model, get New Holland to price it right for you. At least you have the New Holland network to back you up.

/ LS MT 225S #76  
I would stay far away from LS thought. After a few hundred hours you will be giving away that money saved back to LS and the dealer. If you really like that model, get New Holland to price it right for you. At least you have the New Holland network to back you up.

The NH dealer out here is a blooming idiot, along with their mechanics, if you could call them that! No parts inventory, 30% higher on their tractors, arrogant attitude. That is why I went 650 miles away to an LS dealer in Texas, RCO tractor to be specific. Made the best deal in a 1200 mile radius. Stood behind the tractor sending me parts ( minor issues at time of delivery)plus some extras, and I have Not had A single issue with the tractor at all for the 170 hours put on it in the last 11 months.

As said before, we feel sorry that you have had so many issues with your tractor. You, unfortunately, were one of the unlucky ones to get a “bad” tractor and it was not taken care of. It does not mean that they are all bad. All brands have their issues....

I had a Ford F-350 that was in the dealers service bay for 287 days out of the 385 I owned it! That does not mean that ALL Ford trucks are bad, it means that I was the unlucky guy that got a bad one. It had a total of 2,000 miles on it at a year.... Ford wanted to give me 50% of what I paid for it.... I dealt with it for another 6 months and traded it in, taking the loss, on another F-350.... that one never had a problem for the next 4 years and almost 250,000 miles.

/ LS MT 225S #77  
The NH dealer out here is a blooming idiot, along with their mechanics, if you could call them that! No parts inventory, 30% higher on their tractors, arrogant attitude. That is why I went 650 miles away to an LS dealer in Texas, RCO tractor to be specific. Made the best deal in a 1200 mile radius. Stood behind the tractor sending me parts ( minor issues at time of delivery)plus some extras, and I have Not had A single issue with the tractor at all for the 170 hours put on it in the last 11 months.

As said before, we feel sorry that you have had so many issues with your tractor. You, unfortunately, were one of the unlucky ones to get a “bad” tractor and it was not taken care of. It does not mean that they are all bad. All brands have their issues....

I had a Ford F-350 that was in the dealers service bay for 287 days out of the 385 I owned it! That does not mean that ALL Ford trucks are bad, it means that I was the unlucky guy that got a bad one. It had a total of 2,000 miles on it at a year.... Ford wanted to give me 50% of what I paid for it.... I dealt with it for another 6 months and traded it in, taking the loss, on another F-350.... that one never had a problem for the next 4 years and almost 250,000 miles.

I get it. My dealer would send me parts too. I am in Central Texas BTW. But they never fixed the issue. No matter how many times it went in. They even told me they would work with LS to fix my issue, but never did.

Sadly I am going to probably have to do what you did with your F-350, but I will not be buying another. I will have to take my loss and buy something else. The difference is I will make sure everyone knows how bad my LS was and try to keep them from making the same mistake. LS should not be let off the hook for not taking responsibility for their own product. That is what they are banking on and why they treat customers that way.

/ LS MT 225S #78  
The sad part is, you will sell your LS taking a loss, go buy a name brand for too much money, and always be bitter about the LS brand. Even as your new name brand tractor breaks down.

/ LS MT 225S #79  
The sad part is, you will sell your LS taking a loss, go buy a name brand for too much money, and always be bitter about the LS brand. Even as your new name brand tractor breaks down.

I will be bitter about LS for not taking care of its customers when they know they should. That has nothing to do with other brands. If LS would do what they are suppose to do, I would not have the feelings I have toward them. LS is to blame for not making their product work. If this was another brand, it would be the same.

I have purchased a new tractor. A John Deere 3032 and it never gave me issues. It also held 95% of its value after 3 years and 300 hours. They did not have to deal with warranty because it did not break. If it did, they would have the responsibility to fix it just as LS does.

I have grown up with tractors my entire life. I own many still. Sure you get a break down here and there, but not to this degree. I have had 4 years of breakdowns and it still will not mow without failing. I am glad you love your tractor and I have seen your videos, but you are not dealing with anything close to what I have dealt with on this tractor.

I will make videos of all the issues I have had, then I will trade it in for an older used tractor that I can work on myself. I do not blame my tractor for being a lemon, I blame my LS dealer and LS Tractor USA for my tractor's issues and not doing their part to fix the issue.

That is probably why my LS tractor lost 40% of its value in less than a year compared to a 5% loss after 3 years like my John Deere.

So yeah, I don't care for the LS brand right now.

/ LS MT 225S #80  
Every brand has model issues that is why you review and research brands before you buy. I had my share of Kubota issues in the past. I have also suffered through some Kioti issues. John Deere I could never afford the brand and the expensive service parts. As it was mentioned some model years you avoid others you invest into but only after doing your research. Remember the Ford Taurus first year out in 1986 the car was sensation and quality was on par. Then in 1994 they cheapened up the car quality issues came out of the woodwork ie head gasket issues. As my father would say you were in the right place at wrong time to buy that tractor. No doubt LS has issues and they are learning from them making better equipment overtime. John Deere had the same issues when they stepped into the compact tractor business having others build their units overseas. They were using Zetor and Belarus in early days as suppliers. Bottom line do your homework and review models along with manufacturers before investing. This TBN site is rich with experiences and or model reviews. All brands have problematic models.