3-Point Hitch LS mt125 3 point "update"

/ LS mt125 3 point "update" #32  
Ah yes............ I remember! Please forgive the "old lady brain". I was actively working on building your system but where I live and the local metal supply I could not get the proper dimensional steel to do the job. Thus I abondoned the idea. But I had everything on my bench ready to build it. Great idea and you did it. Yes indeed you improved on the "lazy design".
As I mentioned in a previous post, I ordered the pins, will cut the shaft when they get here and mill off the bushings LS went to so much trouble to make their lazy design work.

/ LS mt125 3 point "update" #33  
Ah yes............ I remember! Please forgive the "old lady brain". I was actively working on building your system but where I live and the local metal supply I could not get the proper dimensional steel to do the job. Thus I abondoned the idea. But I had everything on my bench ready to build it. Great idea and you did it. Yes indeed you improved on the "lazy design".
As I mentioned in a previous post, I ordered the pins, will cut the shaft when they get here and mill off the bushings LS went to so much trouble to make their lazy design work.

DOM Carbon Steel Tube: 1.25" OD x .188" wall x 12" | eBay

/ LS mt125 3 point "update" #34  
Well today I finished the upgrade to the new LS factory configuration. This was really easy to do as first I ordered from my local dealer 2 number 40369516 "Pin-Lower Kink"s and together they were $30 total. Not bad for factory parts. Next I removed my backhoe and then the three long bolts on each side and then the three bolts on the actual draw bar assembly on the horizontal brackets. Then I took my grinder and cut the welds that secured the bushing LS installed in the side brackets. I painted these brackets to cover my grinder marks and reinstalled them after pushing out the old bushings with my press. Next I cut the draw bar long pin to 13 1/2" in length. In the last picture of this set I show the two bushings I cut out, the short piece of the draw bar pin that I cut off and then one of the two new "pin-lower link" that I installed left and right. Now to remove or install the three point I remove one bolt that retains one of the "Pin-Lower Link"s and remove this part and the main draw bar pin can be removed without removing a tire. Fabulous upgrade that took a total of one hour, $30 in parts and some black spray paint. Exceptional factory fix to a really poor original design. :):thumbsup:
Hope my pictures help you seee what I did.
Best regards,

Lisa

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 212
   / LS mt125 3 point "update"
Awesome job! :drink: And a whole lot cheaper too than buying "the kit". :thumbsup: Not to mention the fun working and fabricating! :D

/ LS mt125 3 point "update" #36  
Oh yea. You had a wonderful dealer that helped you and you helped me. I'm down with a $30 mod and as you said I got the fun of fabricating and doing it myself. Awesome and thanks so much for your help too. Also to a great New Holland dealer in my area that will work with me on these things. I got the factory update and I did it myself. :drink:
Best regards my friend,

Lisa

/ LS mt125 3 point "update" #37  
Just not getting the point of all this, I just fold up my 3 point and leave it on the tractor when I put the back hoe on. Some days I have the hoe on and off 3 times a day switching with the box blade, landscape rake, and back hoe . no problem at all and only takes a few min to do.

Do you just fold the lower arms up between the frame? I figured the top link would come off, but don't the arms interfere with anything?

Now that's a really interesting question here. Install the lower three point arms and forget it?

Please put some pictures on of what you are doing.

Can we get some more information here before I get into trying to order parts?

/ LS mt125 3 point "update" #38  
looking at some of Tony's videos for reference. Are you able to remove the pins for the side links and bring arms straight up. maybe use a bungee to hold them up along with the side links?

/ LS mt125 3 point "update" #39  
   / LS mt125 3 point "update" #40  
looks like it could be possible. You will want to remove the pins from the lower lift arms at the bottom leaving the side links hanging on the upper lift arms. then bringing the lower arms up. However, you might need to remove the PTO shield...

That's what I was just looking at. The turnbuckles hit the PTO shield keeping the arms from fully clearing. Being under a fresh warranty, I'm not sure I want to get into safety features. Thought crossed my mind though to notch the shield for clearance for those turnbuckles.

Question remains, will they interfere with leg room when the seat is turned around?