LS MT125 Mowing Deck Wheels

/ LS MT125 Mowing Deck Wheels #1  

Indetrendent

Tractor
LS MT125
Hey all,

I'm looking for suggestions on replacing my deck wheels on my LM1160 (60") mid mower deck for my LS MT125.

This deck is a fixed deck with the wheels riding on the ground. The casters are all fixed straight forward. I was pretty rough on the wheels, I suppose. One wheel cracked in half on a root, and the others have failed hubs. (About 3 yrs old and 150 hrs on the clock.) I'm working on being more gentle on the turns.

Wheels have a ~3/4" bore hole, 2.75" width, no hub offset, and 5" height. My options are:

1) Buy from a dealer. But, expensive and long wait.

2) Switch to an aftermarket (Stens, etc) 5/8" bore hole and replace the axle with new, less rugged hardware.

As an aside, I really wish this deck had rotating from caster wheels as mine really dig into the turf on turns. They did this even when new. Any thoughts on mods to add these?

Thanks for your thoughts and advice! Love this tractor.

/ LS MT125 Mowing Deck Wheels #2  
I consider them anti-scalp wheels, not casters. I don't let mine ride on the ground.

Use after market if you can't find a suitable replacement. Bore the hole a bit larger if you need to.

/ LS MT125 Mowing Deck Wheels
I consider them anti-scalp wheels, not casters. I don't let mine ride on the ground.

Use after market if you can't find a suitable replacement. Bore the hole a bit larger if you need to.
I wonder how many others are floating the deck while mowing. I initially tried this years ago, but figured I should just use it as intended as the results were excellent, but perhaps I should try again. Did you raise the height of your deck with adjustment bolts? I think I would have to, because even at the highest adjustable cutting height setting, the grass is cut too short at around 2".