LS MT125 vs BX23S

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S #41  
I ended up buying a used LS XJ2025h TLB 240hrs with many extras example a factory quick disconnect, a grapple, 3rd function hydraulics, pallet forks, box blade, tooth bar, brush bar, backhoe thumb and backhoe scraper bucket. all for a fair price of 14.5 k

I ended up removing that one from the list because of no 3 range HST. A lot of tractors in that size (Kubota B series) have the 3 ranges.

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S #42  
I was in a similar situation earlier in the summer. I only shopped dealers within an hour from me, so that list included KB, JD, LS, & Mahindra. I liked all the dealers, but the Mahindra dealer, so they dropped off. All the tractors were solid, with the refinement level as the separating factor for me. I first went in with a "price is no object" mind-set to see what I felt was the best rig. Once I had established that, then I would consider price & negotiation to try and get what I wanted.

When the dust settled, I really like the BX2380 the best. It felt more polished and well thought out, and I found it more enjoyable to operate. Initially, however, it was also the most expensive. My next choice was the JD 1023E, which was initially about $800 cheaper than the BX. And finally the LS MT125. A very robust machine, but really lacked the refinement of the other two, IMO. (the engine oil drain plug is just one documented example..) It was also the cheapest price (all were tractor w/FEL only).

At the current prices I had, I was leaning towards the JD, but decided to try a few more KB dealers to try and get a better price on the rig I really wanted. That paid off, as I was able to score a 2380 for $200 less than the JD, and $200 more than the LS. It was an easy choice at this point....I was able to get what I felt was the best rig, for a crazy good price.

I will say tho, I would have been happy with any of the three, all seemed like very solid, capable machines, and based on quoted prices, one may indeed be a better "value" pending actual transaction price. But again, when they were all within $400 at decision time, the choice was easy for me, as I liked the BX that much better. As I approach the 30 hour mark, I have no regrets....I'm more impressed every time I use it!

Good luck on your search, and let us know which rig you end up with.
What was wrong with the eingine drain plug?

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S #43  
What was wrong with the eingine drain plug?
The initial MT125's had an issue with a hex head drain plug hitting the front axle mount when there were still a few threads in the oil pan. There was a service fix which was a flat head internal hex which was then able to clear the axle.

I had one of the first few hundred sold. It had the hex bolt. My first oil change required jacking up the front of the tractor and pivoting the front axle in order to get the bolt out. I did get the "fix", no issues after that.