ls rotary cutter

/ ls rotary cutter #1  

leonardo

Tractor
kubota and ls
anybody have a fairly new ls rotary cutter(brush hog)? if so do you like it, what are the pros or cons?

/ ls rotary cutter #3  
anybody have a fairly new ls rotary cutter(brush hog)? if so do you like it, what are the pros or cons?
Woods BB720X,

standard.jpg

It is one tough SOB, has the best system for holding the blades on and cuts super good!

standard.jpg

It's expensive, but worth it!

SR

/ ls rotary cutter #4  
I don't know what you're after. Define "fairly new". I have a five foot King Kutter I've pulled behind a Mitsubishi D2350 for about fifteen years. I'm now pulling it behind a Kubota l2501. I have never had any problem with the cutter. It's built like a TANK!! I believe they do have a forty horsepower limit.

/ ls rotary cutter #5  
I don't know what you're after. Define "fairly new". I have a five foot King Kutter I've pulled behind a Mitsubishi D2350 for about fifteen years. I'm now pulling it behind a Kubota l2501. I have never had any problem with the cutter. It's built like a TANK!! I believe they do have a forty horsepower limit.
I think the OP is specifically looking for opinions on the LS branded rotary cutter.

/ ls rotary cutter
thanks guys as RSR says i am looking for feedback on LS branded cutters.

/ ls rotary cutter #7  
thanks guys as RSR says i am looking for feedback on LS branded cutters.

Like I said, they're probably made by TB. Check with your dealer, or look at the units in stock for the TB tag or paperwork. They're a fairly well known OEM supplier as well as selling under heir own name/brand.

/ ls rotary cutter #8  
I've a 3 year old Frontier 2048. It's MUCH better than the LX-4 that I had on the 4010.

The gearbox does not heat up like on the LX-4. The stump jumper does not come down when removing the blades. The bolts to the blades have a "keeper" that keeps them in place, which requires you to whack them from above once the nut is off but better than having to use a clamp to hold them in place to put the nut back on.

Bush hogs need a roller/while on the front of the slides though, to keep junk from balling up in front.

Ralph

/ ls rotary cutter #9  
I have an LS 6' rotary cutter purchased in 2013. It is made by Taylor Pittsburgh. It is a light duty cutter, same as a King Kutter.

This cutter has worked fine for me as I'm only doing maintenance mowing of a clear field.

Here is a picture of the owners manual cover.

IMG_6214.jpeg

/ ls rotary cutter
thanks for the input guys. decided to get an LS 5 footer with slip clutch. found out the newer models are made by bad boy mowers. will pick it up tuesday and cut a three acre field.