LS spreading used asphalt

/ LS spreading used asphalt #1  

Drewintoledo

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS MT225HE
Loving my little LS MT225e! Already over 50 hours on it and I haven’t even put up a house yet :)

/ LS spreading used asphalt #2  
Nice job! Looks like you definitely have some experience using a box blade for sure!

/ LS spreading used asphalt
None really at all! I’ve used it on my septic to smooth the dirt but that was only a few passes. Thanks for the comment my head just expanded a bit! Ha

/ LS spreading used asphalt #4  
Turned out really nice. Maybe a landscape rake on an angle to take the top down and push the asphalt to raise the sides.

/ LS spreading used asphalt
Turned out really nice. Maybe a landscape rake on an angle to take the top down and push the asphalt to raise the sides.
Thank you. I’m always looking for an excuse to pick up another implement! What’s a tractor without implements anyway? ;)

/ LS spreading used asphalt #6  
It turned out great! Thanks for sharing.

/ LS spreading used asphalt #7  
Thank you. I’m always looking for an excuse to pick up another implement! What’s a tractor without implements anyway? ;)
Free asphalt millings is only a dream for me.
They go for a hefty price per ton here.
If you do a really nice grading job in the Spring, then the Summer sun will pack those millings together to make a really hard, relatively smooth, surface.
An EA rear Deluxe Scrape Blade would be a nice tool to also have.

/ LS spreading used asphalt #8  
Looks good. I spread 50 Tri-axle loads of that on my driveway with a homemade landplane type blade. That stuff has made a driveway base that has stood the test of time. My drive was at least 8" thick everywhere and I have since had hot reclaimed asphalt laid over what I initially put down. My drive is 2000' and 14' wide.

/ LS spreading used asphalt #9  
Hydraulic top link would make things easier

/ LS spreading used asphalt #10  
Nice job 🤙