LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #291  
pn 40236010 oil filter cross to fram ph 10637 wix 57106 lf 3828. it took a lot of time to find this info.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #292  
That guy was me. I bought my filters from Rockauto ($6) WIX WL7426 Oil Filter | RockAuto

I bought 3 of them, so the shipping wasn't too bad in the long run. When you take off your old filter, would you send it to me? I want to cut it open and compare it to the Wix unit, I'll open one of those up too and post pics.

As far as the hydro-static filter at 50hrs, I'll do mine this spring at about 65hrs, just because it's cheap insurance.

Hydraulic filter is at Rockauto too ($33) WIX 51715 | RockAuto

Fuel filter Rockauto ($6) WIX WF8395 Fuel Filter | RockAuto

Wix WL7426 definitely does not match my factory filter, which by the way was the hardest filter I have ever had to remove, by far. I'm going to try the Wix/Napa number that my dealer said to use. Original diameter is just under 3 inches, the 7426 is about 3.25". It was immediately obvious that it wasn't a match when I got the original.off finally :)

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #293  
Wix WL7426 definitely does not match my factory filter, which by the way was the hardest filter I have ever had to remove, by far. I'm going to try the Wix/Napa number that my dealer said to use. Original diameter is just under 3 inches, the 7426 is about 3.25". It was immediately obvious that it wasn't a match when I got the original.off finally :)

I got the spec from the manufacture of the engine, not LS. The internal spec match that of the LS filter, it's just a bigger because the engine in other applications pumps more oil through it at higher RPM's. more filter material is never a bad thing. I searched a long time to make sure it was a correct spec'd filter. I too had a had time getting the original LS filter off.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #294  
not sure if its been said in a post yet but what oil and coolant can i use in my LS XG3032?
for oil is says API CJ-4 in a range of weights. for coolant it calls for ASTM D5216. do i have to get these from the dealer or can these be found elsewhere? guy at tractor supply said some tractor want specific types and that some coolants cant be mixed with others. i just want to change the oil but only top up my coolant. grateful for any info.
thanx

Last edited:
   / LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #295  
Rotella T5 with a wix/Napa oil filter would be a good choice... you can look up filter part number on Wix web site OR Napa can look it up ..Napa filters are rebranded wix filters.
Antifreeze use a standard green 50/50 premixed

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #296  
Prestone LowTox® Antifreeze/Coolant meets or exceeds the performance requirements of: ASTM D5216 It also meets ...this is what I use in buy in premixed 50/50 gallon jug

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #297  
Having a hard time finding the correct info in my manual (18 XR4140)

Is there a proper hydraulic fluid that is needed or all about the same?

Also, should it be checked cold? All I see are 2 lines in the dipstick, am I shooting for the top line while level?

(just to be sure, the reservoir is the little rubbed plug dipstick here right?)
FzC1Vcv.jpg

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #298  
Yes. That is the hydraulic fill plug. Fill it to between the lines when parked on a level surface.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #299  
Can someone confirm that one the XR4140 its the WIX 5151 for the oil filter?