LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #321  
XR4140HC owner here. My dealer told me NAPA 1516 for oil filter, which we all know is the Wix 51516. I saw another poster said they tried that and it fit but was smaller than the stock oil filter, and he is now using a Wix Oil Filter WL7426 that he says is the same size and shape as the original.

WIX WL7426 Oil Filter

Can someone confirm that one the XR4140 its the WIX 5151 for the oil filter?

Wix WL7426 is what fit mine, see attached list from Rockauto

Can anyone tell me, is this a "pick one" for the 4100 series? Seem to have 3 choices.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #322  
I知 the guy who said the Wix WL7426. I searched for a long time and cross referenced the engines to another vehicle (in Korea). I first used the Wix 51516, but felt it was too small (less filtering material). I致e been happily using the WL7426 without issue on my XR4140HC. Just buy a few of them up front to save the hassle and extra shipping costs.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #323  
I own a 2019 MT350E with an L3C19-T2 engine. Just turned 50 hours so I need to do oil, oil filter and hydraulic filter. Dealership wants $126 for everything and I'll install it. I'm going to look at the old filters and get a crossreference so maybe I can buy cheaper/local. Any tips as to what oil I should use?

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #324  
I am just over 900 hours, on my 3 services I just used the guide in the Owners manual for my R3039 Tier 3 engine. Looked at the ambient operating temperatures I would be using it in, then made sure that the Oil specs met the Manufacture guidelines and bought what was on sale.

Any tips as to what oil I should use?

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #325  
I can't find the part numbers on the current filters because they are painted black. If anyone can point me in the direction of a parts manual for a 2019 MT350E it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #326  
XR4140 needs a new air filter. It's there a list or chart on this thread or site ?

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #327  
Gang, while you're under warranty, it's really best to get these things from your dealer. Last thing you want if you have trouble is for them to deny a warranty repair based on use of the wrong filters.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #328  
Gang, while you're under warranty, it's really best to get these things from your dealer. Last thing you want if you have trouble is for them to deny a warranty repair based on use of the wrong filters.

If LS did deny warranty because using a after market filter or any other aftermarket part they would have to prove that it caused the problem as per Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #329  
Anyone using Rotella HD hydraulic fluid?

Also appears Wix does not make a HST filter for an XR3135H, only the HYD filter. Also no oil filter?

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #330  
Just finished my 50 hr. maintenance on my MT225 EH. Here are some things I thought might be helpful to those who are about to do the same.

MT225 EH

Hydraulic Oil Filter: Luber-finer LFH8207 was a perfect fit. The manufacturer/dealer had this puppy on incredibly tight. Have a good strap wrench available. I just used a clutch style bar clamp (normally used for wood working) and just tightened it until it dented the filter and then manhandled it off. I suspect the dealer does this because of the vibration these endure, especially at idle. You will lose hydraulic fluid when you change this filter so have a few quarts available.

Air Filter: WIX 46449. No issues replacing this one.

Oil Filter: WIX Filters - 57040. Again, the OEM oil filter was way tighter than I would have expected it to be. When I removed the OEM oil filter I noticed that it was about an inch longer than the WIX filter that I bought. The WIX fit fine; and, I have had no trouble with it so far. I am going to try to find a longer filter. The OEM filter was hard enough to get to with the cheap oil filter wrenches I have, having it about an inch shorter is not going to make it any easier to do. I might try a Baldwin B1341 next time, those are about 4 inches long versus about 3.5 inches of the OEM and 2.5 inches of the WIX filter. The manual says there are two oil drain plugs on the tractor. I was only able to find one (same side as the filter). Drain plug is 17mm.

Good luck, and if you have any information to share on the MT225 tractors, please do.