Comparison LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #1  

DaveNJ

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 3550 Loader, Cub Cadet 7254, other old stuff, New LS XJ2025H TLB
First post, but have been researching through this site for months-- many thanks to all of you for sharing valuable information. I'm about ready to pull the trigger and buy one of the above in a TLB configuration. I've spoken with dealers within 25 miles about each and I've sat on the Kioti and Mahindra. I should be able to see the LS when the dealer gets one in this week. I think I would be happy with any of the three but am leaning towards the LS because of price, it's been quoted at least 2-3K less and its specs on loader and backhoe are similar or even better.

While most key specs in the models are similar, one stands out as different. The weight of the LS XJ2025H is listed at 1609 lbs. while the Kioti CK2510H is 2260 lbs. 650 lbs. is a big difference in a small tractor like this. While I know weight in a tractor is important, it isn't everything- otherwise we would all be looking at heavy Chinese tractors in this category. My question to Kioti and LS owners (as well as others looking at these models) is what accounts for this difference and is it something worthy of consideration?

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #2  
Kioti is consistently heavier than comparable tractors. I know my CK35 is built like a tank, that's where the 3500lb weight comes from. I assume it's the same with the 2510. LS seems to be consistently lighter than average. A good part of the reason I bought my CK was because of the weight, and it has come in handy many times. However, if you plan to be on the lawn a lot, weight isn't the best thing.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #3  
The tasks that you plan to do play a big part into whether that weight will make a difference for you or not. There are a ton of lightweight TLB combos out there and guys always seem to love them. I had one of the predecessors to the kioti you are looking at. It did everything I asked and was a very good tractor. However I longed for more weight even though it was one of the heaviest in its class and found I appreciated a slightly larger frame tractor. But I did not have a backhoe hanging off the back of it either. I have heard good things about LS but one concerning thing to me is they have their tractor rated to lift over 1200 pounds and it's weight only being 1600.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #4  
650 lbs. in this size tractor will make a difference in traction. Whether or not that will matter to you depends on what you are going to do with it. You can add about 250-300 lbs to any of them by loading the rear tires with fluid.

I have a small Kubota and just the added weight from loading the tires made a significant difference in traction and stability. That was an addition of around 250-300 lbs. So 650 lbs is significant with no backhoe. When you add the weight of a backhoe to any of them the 650 lbs difference will become much less noticeable.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #5  
In response to the LS. 1600lbs. is tractor only -the FEL weighs over 900lbs-loaded tires w/Rimguard adds 320lbs-add another 100lbs for fluids =total 2900lbs+. The ideal hp to weight ratio is 125lbs per hp, so the LS is right on based on 23hp ×125lbs= 2875lbs. Hope this helps.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #6  
I just found TBN and this is a great thread. i'm considering the same tractors (and it seems to be most every other homesteader i talk to is also comparing/using these tractors)

would it be ok to add the JD 2520 and Kubota B2620 to this discussion?

I'm leaning heavily toward the Kioti but one nagging concern is what I might be missing if I buy the less mainstream brand. Is cost/availability of parts/service a big difference? Has the reliability of the Kioti been established? I'm finding that it's hard to find unbiased opinions. :)

antlers brings up a question regarding hp to weight ratio.
-The Kioti CK2510 is 24 hp and bare tractor weight at 2260.
-The Kubota B2620 is 26HP and 1554 LB bare tractor.
Is the ideal hp to weight ratio of 125lb for bare tractor or total weight? Which is better? Is the Kioti too heavy for the hp?
With such a big difference I'm assuming one must be better for certain tasks.

Last edited:
   / LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #7  
650 lbs. in this size tractor will make a difference in traction. Whether or not that will matter to you depends on what you are going to do with it. You can add about 250-300 lbs to any of them by loading the rear tires with fluid.

I have a small Kubota and just the added weight from loading the tires made a significant difference in traction and stability. That was an addition of around 250-300 lbs. So 650 lbs is significant with no backhoe. When you add the weight of a backhoe to any of them the 650 lbs difference will become much less noticeable.

So what your saying is that I wont notice an extra 650LBS when the backhoe is on compared to an other tractor that weighs in 650LBS lighter with the backhoe on? I would love to argue that statement side by side at a pile of road millings and digging in an area with a high rock/shale content with the backhoe. I will tell you and everyone else right now 650LBS is noticeable with or without the backhoe and is more than enough to make the difference depending on the task at hand.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #8  
I just found TBN and this is a great thread. i'm considering the same tractors (and it seems to be most every other homesteader i talk to is also comparing/using these tractors)

would it be ok to add the JD 2520 and Kubota B2620 to this discussion?

I'm leaning heavily toward the Kioti but one nagging concern is what I might be missing if I buy the less mainstream brand. Is cost/availability of parts/service a big difference? Has the reliability of the Kioti been established? I'm finding that it's hard to find unbiased opinions. :)

antlers brings up a question regarding hp to weight ratio.
-The Kioti CK2510 is 24 hp and bare tractor weight at 2260.
-The Kubota B2620 is 26HP and 1554 LB bare tractor.
Is the ideal hp to weight ratio of 125lb for bare tractor or total weight? Which is better? Is the Kioti too heavy for the hp?
With such a big difference I'm assuming one must be better for certain tasks.

If your looking to pull a bush hog or finish mower 99% of the time with no real ground work take the lighter machine, If your looking to run graders, box blades, land planes tillers and other ground working equipment as well as lots of loader work with varied materials the weight will be your friend now and forever. Everyone talks about adding weight to a lighter tractor to make it more feasible for ground work but think what happens when you add that same weight to the already heavy machine.

Its hard to get an answer with no bias on here but for what its worth I have owned many different brands of tractors and heavy equipment over the years. I haven't had to buy anything other than filters for My kioti since I got it. So my only real tell tale is watching other folks experience here and from that, it seems that they are no better or worse than any other manufacture in parts available and time to dealer or to the owner. Only time will tell for the long run but I have heard a few JD guys complain about parts availability here lately.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #9  
According to antlers125 the LS XJ2025 FEL is 900 lbs. The Kioti CK2510 FEL (with bucket) is 605 lbs., so there goes 295 lbs. of the difference. It's now down to a 355 lb difference. I wonder if the LS BH weighs more too.

So what your saying is that I wont notice an extra 650LBS when the backhoe is on compared to an other tractor that weighs in 650LBS lighter with the backhoe on?

Stay calm. This is what I said again, "add the weight of a backhoe to any of them (and) the 650 lbs difference will become much less noticeable". That is different from what you said I said, "I wont notice an extra 650LBS when the backhoe is on". Can you see the difference?

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #10  
According to antlers125 the LS XJ2025 FEL is 900 lbs. The Kioti CK2510 FEL (with bucket) is 605 lbs., so there goes 295 lbs. of the difference. It's now down to a 355 lb difference. I wonder if the LS BH weighs more too.

Stay calm. This is what I said again, "add the weight of a backhoe to any of them (and) the 650 lbs difference will become much less noticeable". That is different from what you said I said, "I wont notice an extra 650LBS when the backhoe is on". Can you see the difference?

To add to the confusion, it would depend on how the weight is distributed to really measure the weight difference of 650# with the backhoe, which is mostly on the back.

You can add weight to a heavier tractor to make it even heavier too.