Comparison LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #21  
The base weight of the machine is what I consider the most important. Breaking down the individual weight of the loader to justify the differences wont cut it no matter how well thought out the reasoning is. Adding the weight in the form of the loader is not the best way to get a stable machine the placement of the weight is so very important for stability and confidence in how one operates the machine.

As far as anyone trying to state they would hardly notice the difference in a machine with that much more weight , I would have to argue that till my last breath. Been running tractors since I was a kid and heavy equipment since I was a teenager and can tell anyone straight out that I haven't operated a machine that didn't let me know how heavy it was when digging with a loader or backhoe. I will also tell you that the distribution of weight is real easy to tell when your moving with anything in the loader or on the rear.

So with this in mind I guess the question becomes where would one want the weight to be? In the frame, engine, trans and axels or hanging on the loader ?

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #22  
How the weight is distributed can make a difference. Looking at my last post, we are talking about a shift of 295 lbs from the tractor to more than likely the loader frame/boom of the LS. The FEL buckets probably weigh about the same. Then the LS may weigh 180 lb. less overall in the TLB config. We don't really know that for sure because LS doesn't list their BH weight. That weight shift wouldn't influence me one way or the other on ~4000 lb. machines. I would be happy with either the LS or Kioti in that regard. What would influence me more is the difference in width between the two tractors if there is one.

The LS has 185 lb. more lift capacity with the FEL at the pivot pins. That might require a beefier loader frame/boom.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #23  
The LS has 185 lb. more lift capacity with the FEL at the pivot pins. That might require a beefier loader frame/boom.

Actually, it's not that simple. The LS has 2" less max lift height, which narrows the gap (probably completely). It's very likely that the Kioti loader can lift the exact same amount as the LS if it doesn't have to go up the last two inches of travel. Regardless, the two loaders are very similar in actual lifting ability.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #24  
Gman, I think your last paragraph is the focus of what I'm looking at. What are the design and manufacture differences that give rise to the weight disparity between these smaller machines? My gut is that the Kioti ck2510 is a scaled down version of a larger tractor while the LS XJ is its own design- unlike other tractors in the LS line. I'm just not sure which one will hold up the best when I commence to beat the **** out of it ( but maintain it lovingly).

Honestly, I don't think either machine will be significantly more durable than the other if they're used with reasonable care. The SCUT market is a complicated one for manufacturers....they know many of their potential buyers want to use the machines as lawnmowers, or at least to be able to cross their lawns without tearing things up, and the only way to really deliver there is to keep the weight down. With that said, they have to make it strong enough to be durable, and that always means a certain amount of weight can't be avoided.

If you could put the two machines next to one another you might pick out some areas where one is built bigger/heavier than the other, but even then the differences don't have to be very significant to add up to a couple of hundred pounds. It's also possible that the Kioti simply has some areas that are bigger and heavier, but don't add any actual strength/durability.

With all of that aside, I'd say the best way to base your decision is to pick the machine that fits you best, fits your budget, and comes from a dealer you'd like to do business with over time. You can worry about details until you're too confused to decide, and the reality is there are no perfect tractors. If weight is a concern, you can always add ballast at a fairly minimal expense.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #25  
Actually, it's not that simple. The LS has 2" less max lift height, which narrows the gap (probably completely). It's very likely that the Kioti loader can lift the exact same amount as the LS if it doesn't have to go up the last two inches of travel. Regardless, the two loaders are very similar in actual lifting ability.

I didn't check the lift height. So, yeah probably close to the same.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #26  
First post, but have been researching through this site for months-- many thanks to all of you for sharing valuable information. I'm about ready to pull the trigger and buy one of the above in a TLB configuration. I've spoken with dealers within 25 miles about each and I've sat on the Kioti and Mahindra. I should be able to see the LS when the dealer gets one in this week. I think I would be happy with any of the three but am leaning towards the LS because of price, it's been quoted at least 2-3K less and its specs on loader and backhoe are similar or even better.

While most key specs in the models are similar, one stands out as different. The weight of the LS XJ2025H is listed at 1609 lbs. while the Kioti CK2510H is 2260 lbs. 650 lbs. is a big difference in a small tractor like this. While I know weight in a tractor is important, it isn't everything- otherwise we would all be looking at heavy Chinese tractors in this category. My question to Kioti and LS owners (as well as others looking at these models) is what accounts for this difference and is it something worthy of consideration?

You might compare the LS with the eMax 22/25 Mahindra if you are looking for similar pricing. It is a Korean built machine like the LS and pricing is similar. The Japanese built Max26H is built by Mitsubishi and is a notch up. Maybe 2 notches up, as the Max24 is the smallest of the Mitsu product, the Max26H being a larger frame. In pecking order, I look at it like this: eMax22G, eMax22H, eMax25H, Max24H, Max26G, then Max26H.

I don't think there has been a tractor mentioned in this thread that isn't a pretty good machine. I am biased toward Mahindra, admittedly.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H
You might compare the LS with the eMax 22/25 Mahindra if you are looking for similar pricing. It is a Korean built machine like the LS and pricing is similar. The Japanese built Max26H is built by Mitsubishi and is a notch up. Maybe 2 notches up, as the Max24 is the smallest of the Mitsu product, the Max26H being a larger frame. In pecking order, I look at it like this: eMax22G, eMax22H, eMax25H, Max24H, Max26G, then Max26H.

I don't think there has been a tractor mentioned in this thread that isn't a pretty good machine. I am biased toward Mahindra, admittedly.

The Max 26 H is the Mahindra model that compares with the Kioti and LS models that I'm considering. What I think I like about the Max over Kioti and LS is the way the seat swivels in place for backhoe work. The machines I've rented and borrowed (Kubota and Ford) have this feature. LS and Kioti have separate seats for the hoe. You couldn't swivel seat in the CK2510 anyway with that crazy diesel tank in the way.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #28  
There are some cool videos of similar tractors to the ones you are looking at on YouTube. Including one of a kioti CK 20 digging a fairly large pond.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H
There are some cool videos of similar tractors to the ones you are looking at on YouTube. Including one of a kioti CK 20 digging a fairly large pond.

Saw that one- it was pretty cool. Around here you might be able to do that with a large track hoe with a hydraulic hammer and some explosives.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #30  
Honestly, I don't think either machine will be significantly more durable than the other if they're used with reasonable care. The SCUT market is a complicated one for manufacturers....they know many of their potential buyers want to use the machines as lawnmowers, or at least to be able to cross their lawns without tearing things up, and the only way to really deliver there is to keep the weight down. With that said, they have to make it strong enough to be durable, and that always means a certain amount of weight can't be avoided.

If you could put the two machines next to one another you might pick out some areas where one is built bigger/heavier than the other, but even then the differences don't have to be very significant to add up to a couple of hundred pounds. It's also possible that the Kioti simply has some areas that are bigger and heavier, but don't add any actual strength/durability.

With all of that aside, I'd say the best way to base your decision is to pick the machine that fits you best, fits your budget, and comes from a dealer you'd like to do business with over time. You can worry about details until you're too confused to decide, and the reality is there are no perfect tractors. If weight is a concern, you can always add ballast at a fairly minimal expense.
These tractors are not SCUT tractors! They are CUT tractors that use standard 3 point attachments. I have a Kubota BX1800 this is a SCUT tractor! It needs sub-compact attachments to work well! I use the Kubota for grass cutting 95% of the time.