LT150, installing Briggs & Stratton EX1900

/ LT150, installing Briggs & Stratton EX1900 #1  

austyncopley

Tractor
LT150
Looking to get some advice installing new motor on my 2002 LT150.
Family member purchased a brand new 19hp EX1900 but did not receive any installation instructions.
Previous motor had 2 wire plug, red and white, while new engine has grey black red and orange.
I've spent a couple hours tracing wires and testing with my voltmeter, but unable to figure out how to properly wire the new motor.
Pic1.jpg
Pic4.jpg
Pic2.jpg
Pic3.jpg

Thank you for your time

/ LT150, installing Briggs & Stratton EX1900 #2  

/ LT150, installing Briggs & Stratton EX1900 #3  
We have listed below, the wires found on the new Briggs & Stratton single cylinder engines and where they need to be connected to.

RED WIRE - This is your DC cable, it should be connected directly to positive power on your battery. This wire charges your battery.

BLACK WIRE - This is the engine kill switch, It needs to run to an ON/OFF switch and then run to earth. DO NOT CONNECT THIS WIRE TO POSITIVE POWER!

GREY WIRE - This needs to run to an on/off switch and then to positive power on your battery, this controls the carby solenoid for fuel.

ORANGE WIRE (IF FITTED) - Can be connected to headlights or any other accessories

/ LT150, installing Briggs & Stratton EX1900 #4  
Did that help?

/ LT150, installing Briggs & Stratton EX1900 #5  
crickets... I hate that.

/ LT150, installing Briggs & Stratton EX1900 #6  
It happens too often. Someone asks for help and gets lots of responses, but never lets us know what worked. That's not helpful for the next person with the same problem.

Last edited: