Lube shuttle

/ Lube shuttle #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
Saw it recommended on a video this morning. Wonder how it is from those who have it.

Been looking at both air and battery units. Both suffer from having to use same replacements of grease with problems getting old cartridge out and leakage around the plunger leaving grease behind.

So, how is your Lube Shutitle working?

/ Lube shuttle #2  
Grease gun under a different name? If so, I like my Milwaukee gun over the pneumatic. Easy peasy to change the carts, no priming required and little waste. One would think that whatever cordless tool brand you have makes one and would be similar. The advantage over air is portability and not dealing with the bursts of air discharge that can kick up dirt.

/ Lube shuttle
Here's what I'm talking about.

From Good Works guy:

Game changer video:

Wordy but colorful description:

/ Lube shuttle #4  
I never load either of my lever guns with grease cartridges. Too messy for me. I fill both of them from my 150 pound open head grease drum with a air grease pump and a bulk load fittings on the top of each gun and both barrels on my guns are clear polycarbonate so I can always see how much grease is in each one.

Never unscrewed the tops on either one actually. One air operated, the other is a lever gun. No lock and lube on the end either. Just the good old adjustable Plews end. Of course I don't use cheap clay base clog the fittings grease either. I use Lubrication Engineers teflon fortified synthetic grease and it ani't cheap either. Last time I bought at 150 pound open head drum, it was 1300 bucks plus shipping.

I really dislike grease cartridges.

/ Lube shuttle #5  
Ah. I saw this on Tractor Mike a couple of years back. Hopefully you get some good feedback as it looks like people have had them now a couple years or so. Their marketing seems to be how messy it is to change a normal cartridge and how much grease is wasted. I have neither of these issues, so it wouldn't be for me. I squeeze out ~ 3 cases of Red n Tacky a year.

/ Lube shuttle #6  
Just went on Amazon. They ain't a cheap date and neither are their grease cartridges. I saw 125 bucks for a lever gun and a case of 12 cartridges. I might have 50 in my polycarbonate barrel and my Plews lever gun max.

/ Lube shuttle #7  
Saw it recommended on a video this morning. Wonder how it is from those who have it.

Been looking at both air and battery units. Both suffer from having to use same replacements of grease with problems getting old cartridge out and leakage around the plunger leaving grease behind.

So, how is your Lube Shutitle wor
I don't see where processed petroleum products are natural. Could you explain please?
Thanks,
Eric

/ Lube shuttle #8  
Here's what I'm talking about.

From Good Works guy:

Game changer video:

Wordy but colorful description:
I don't care for the Good Works guy. He is too much of a JD fanboy. He claims to be neutral, but his comparisons are laughable. When I know someone is full of manure on something, I tend to take everything they say with a block of salt.

/ Lube shuttle
Well, I ordered one. Won't get for Christmas. Supposed to be 28 December.

Got a couple LockNload or lookalikes. Can screw one of them on if I don't like theirs.

No more pulling back plungers that don't stay in place nor bleeding air, etc.

/ Lube shuttle #10  
Proprietary grease cartridges? No thanks! Just mentioning this to inform others that might be searching this thread at a later date.