LX3310 1st Regen

/ LX3310 1st Regen #1  

KDubU

Tractor
Kubota
I bought a new LX3310 a couple months back and have used it very little to date with only 12hrs on it. The first snow fell Thursday night and went out and blew the drive and some areas around the house. I then drove to the end of our road to pickup the garbage can and back. I got the single chime/beep every five seconds and the flashing regen light. As I have never had a tractor with this (previous was a MX5100) it took me a bit to get it doing it’s parked regen. My question is doesn’t this seem a bit early? I had expected this maybe at like 70-75hrs based on other posts here and elsewhere but I guess that is dependent on tractor use. It just has me wondering on how often this will occur as while it was not a royal pain, it is disconcerting if it happens like every 10hrs.

Tks for any info as I am still learning about regen and all the details around it. Pic because everyone likes them.

Attachments

• 606388D1-54B4-4DED-8F8D-AB72184AE08E.jpeg
    606388D1-54B4-4DED-8F8D-AB72184AE08E.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 104
   / LX3310 1st Regen #2  
It depends on loads of factors like use, climate, fuel quality, etc. Not something that's dead set on a book or something.

Also being a new tractor, it's most likely caused by short run times at the dealer moving it around, showing to potential costumers or even just you trying the new tractor out, so it didn't really build any heat until now that you put some load on it.

Not something I would worry about yet. The future regens and time in between may tell us if you have indeed an issue going on or not.

/ LX3310 1st Regen
It depends on loads of factors like use, climate, fuel quality, etc. Not something that's dead set on a book or something.

Also being a new tractor, it's most likely caused by short run times at the dealer moving it around, showing to potential costumers or even just you trying the new tractor out, so it didn't really build any heat until now that you put some load on it.

Not something I would worry about yet. The future regens and time in between may tell us if you have indeed an issue going on or not.
Thanks. Had a feeling that would be it as I now only have 14hrs on her.

/ LX3310 1st Regen
I just keep working my tractor during a regen with the RPM's at 2200. What does your manual say about regens?
Still reading it through for a second time. It appears I can do what you suggest or do a park regen. I did the latter yesterday as I had just parked her when it started warning me.

/ LX3310 1st Regen #6  
Still reading it through for a second time. It appears I can do what you suggest or do a park regen. I did the latter yesterday as I had just parked her when it started warning me.

Assuming your dpf system is similar to the one on my L4060, you will need to read the manual more than just twice! I simply cannot remember the various stages, beeps, and flashing lights.
What I do know is that it's best (easiest) to not inhibit the process unless absolutely necessary. When it asks for a Regen, raise the throttle until the raise RPM indicator goes out (assuming there is one on your machine) and let it do its thing.
I have gone through 14 regens, averaging 49.46 hours between, all while using the tractor (ie no parked regens). My shortest interval was 19.5 hours while doing a lot of idling while drilling post holes. Keeping the rpms up (1500-2000) is generally good advice, as is shutting the tractor down in lieu of idling.
The L4060 screen shows the % full for the dpf, so I either plan my work in advance of a Regen, or save some small projects to do if one is required when I'm otherwise done with the tractor.

I wouldn't worry about your initial 12h interval. As someone else pointed out, it was likely idled a lot before you took delivery.

/ LX3310 1st Regen
Assuming your dpf system is similar to the one on my L4060, you will need to read the manual more than just twice! I simply cannot remember the various stages, beeps, and flashing lights.
What I do know is that it's best (easiest) to not inhibit the process unless absolutely necessary. When it asks for a Regen, raise the throttle until the raise RPM indicator goes out (assuming there is one on your machine) and let it do its thing.
I have gone through 14 regens, averaging 49.46 hours between, all while using the tractor (ie no parked regens). My shortest interval was 19.5 hours while doing a lot of idling while drilling post holes. Keeping the rpms up (1500-2000) is generally good advice, as is shutting the tractor down in lieu of idling.
The L4060 screen shows the % full for the dpf, so I either plan my work in advance of a Regen, or save some small projects to do if one is required when I'm otherwise done with the tractor.

I wouldn't worry about your initial 12h interval. As someone else pointed out, it was likely idled a lot before you took delivery.
Hah! No kidding on understanding it all. I agree I would rather regen while operating but timing was not on my side yesterday. Yes I do have RPM indicator light so will keep a watch out.

/ LX3310 1st Regen #8  
Hah! No kidding on understanding it all. I agree I would rather regen while operating but timing was not on my side yesterday. Yes I do have RPM indicator light so will keep a watch out.

Don't want to derail the post but I am curious as to why you got rid of the MX5100?

/ LX3310 1st Regen #9  
I bought a new LX3310 a couple months back and have used it very little to date with only 12hrs on it. The first snow fell Thursday night and went out and blew the drive and some areas around the house. I then drove to the end of our road to pickup the garbage can and back. I got the single chime/beep every five seconds and the flashing regen light. As I have never had a tractor with this (previous was a MX5100) it took me a bit to get it doing it’s parked regen. My question is doesn’t this seem a bit early? I had expected this maybe at like 70-75hrs based on other posts here and elsewhere but I guess that is dependent on tractor use. It just has me wondering on how often this will occur as while it was not a royal pain, it is disconcerting if it happens like every 10hrs.

Tks for any info as I am still learning about regen and all the details around it. Pic because everyone likes them.
Nice looking snow weapon, the kind that would have you wishing for snow!

/ LX3310 1st Regen
Don't want to derail the post but I am curious as to why you got rid of the MX5100?
Very fair question and to be honest breaks my heart. I bought it in 2011 with the BH96 and it did everything I wished, loved the machine. Then my wife and I got it into our heads to move to FL on a whim and we received an offer on our first place here in ME we could not say no to. The place in FL was tiny so no need for a mid sized tractor and sold it….that was a bad day. I know it’s in good hands up on a farm in mid-Maine but it was my baby.
Last year was not a good year for my wife’s health and we moved back to ME and first thing she told me was get a Kubota. Thought about another MX but always wanted a cab and really like the front blower on the 3310 so that is how I landed where I am. Very happy with the LX overall, a bit more whine to it but otherwise very very happy to be orange again.