LX3310 4 cylinder engine

/ LX3310 4 cylinder engine #21  
Hi. First post in a few years. I'm considering a LX3310 and wondering if anyone can comment on the "smoothness" of the 4 cylinder vs a 3 cylinder. I haven't heard one run yet, but my hope is that 4 is an overall smoother engine. The last Yanmar 4 cylinder I ran in an off-road tracked dump truck was silky smooth and quiet. None of that clanking noise. I just loved the sound of it, and it was something I never experienced with any of my Kubotas.
Every time you add another cylinder, the engine will run smoother if the crank is balanced and the timing is right. But adding one to three, the detected difference is less than when adding one to one cylinder.

/ LX3310 4 cylinder engine #22  
4 cylinder engines fire every 180 degrees, 3 cylinder engines fire every 240 degrees, 6 cylinder engines every 120 degrees. Many small explosions versus a few large ones, for the same power, are inherently smoother.
The cabs on a B3350, and an LX 3310 are much louder than the cab on a L5030. All tractors are HST. The majority of the noise in the B3350, and the LX3310 are HST whine. The cab’s on the L5030 and the M100X are quite and comfortable. The smaller cabs on the compact tractors are more resonate to higher frequencies because of their size. I use noise canceling headphones when operating smaller tractors.
Noise canceling foams, available at aircraft supply sites, help reduce the noise. However, the dimensions of the cabs still determine the resonate frequencies.