M4900 Part Question - Pics Included

/ M4900 Part Question - Pics Included #1  

GCFarms

Tractor
Kubota M4900
Anyone know what's suppose to be in this hole? Its a small hole in the transmission housing under the floorboard that spits hydraulic oil on my boots. Am I missing a dipstick or is there suppose to be a breather tube? I looked all through the parts manuals and can't find anything. My local dealer had a m4900 on the lot and it was also missing whatever part this is. Any ideas? Thanks!

0OPydD5.jpg

u0rgniV.jpg

qln9iJo.jpg

/ M4900 Part Question - Pics Included #2  
My b7800 has a dip stick in that area. Maybe look on Messick website for your dip stick and location

/ M4900 Part Question - Pics Included #4  
Yep, appears to be the transmission dipstick hole. But looking at the parts book, it doesn't show in that location. Please provide your model and serial number from the ID plate.

/ M4900 Part Question - Pics Included
"Type" M490-
SN 53262

There is a dipstick on the rear near the PTO (pictured below) and it fits the hole in question diameter wise but the handle does not fit, so maybe a different style or size dipstick? Still havent had much luck looking at parts diagrams and local dealer couldn't find it either.

wkuZz5K.jpg

/ M4900 Part Question - Pics Included #6  
160 - "PLUG"? here

There are also a couple of plugs on the diagram above this one in the parts lookup -- they're a bit further back if I'm looking at this correctly and may be closer to the location on yours...

m4900.jpg

Last edited: