Loader M59 grill guard

/ M59 grill guard #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
IMG_1138.JPG
3x6” tubing, 1/2” plate, 1/2” quarry screen, 3/8” chain hooks and 1” D-ring. The original guard went from 38 to 108#’s. Boxing the original guard metal and bends adds strength. This is the fifth guard I have done.
Have had the tractor for about 2 years. Gathering materials from the scrapyard and paint. Then had a limb I didn’t see punctured the plastic grill and bent the oil cooler. Didn’t get it made in time but now ready for the next time.

Learn from my mistake. If buying a grapple or piranha bar, etc do the grill guard upgrade first.

/ M59 grill guard #2  
Now you need to paint the rest of the tractor to match your newly painted grill guard. Gotta love Mary Kay pink Kubota tractors (hint, I own 2). Candidly, I've never had the need for that (grill guard). I don't run up against stuff intentionally or unintentionally. Pretty hard to farming anyway.

/ M59 grill guard #3  
Very nice - SmokyDog. Does your guard have to fold forward, like mine, to open your hood?View attachment 618940

Lord - look what my photo massaging software has done to the back half of the hood.

/ M59 grill guard #4  
I started with a flat faced guard. Then added wings after jabbing a stick thru the grill.

/ M59 grill guard #5  
Now you need to paint the rest of the tractor to match your newly painted grill guard. Gotta love Mary Kay pink Kubota tractors (hint, I own 2). Candidly, I've never had the need for that (grill guard). I don't run up against stuff intentionally or unintentionally. Pretty hard to farming anyway.

Yep.....
Kubota pink....Not my favorite color.
I am planning a repaint for next year.

/ M59 grill guard
The grill guard did not fold forward.

Kubota did make an interesting hood protector, no longer available, for the M59.

/ M59 grill guard
IMG_1262.JPG
IMG_1261.JPG

Found and installed a bonnet cover option. Offers improved brush and spillover protection.