M59 will not drive

/ M59 will not drive
Wow! Got to remove wheel and fender to get to ECU huh? Thanks for the pics

/ M59 will not drive #22  
Ok. Just inside from shop. I'll look further at diagnostics.

/ M59 will not drive #23  
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

The system will save in memory any error codes that occur. They remain in memory until deleted even if the source of the error has been resolved. Any chance you may have missed seeing an error code? Attached provides instructions to recall errors.

T12 and T13 are the swash plate main and sub position sensors. The expected values are in previous attachments. If they are not normal I think I would check the wiring and connectors.

I can send you the adjustment sequence for these sensors. However, it sounds like you have no signal at all.

image.jpgimage.jpg

/ M59 will not drive
I do have a voltage reading from the sensors, it just doesn't change as I give it throttle. Thinking this means something between ECU and swash plate is wrong?

/ M59 will not drive #25  
Ok. I think the sensor is a potentiometer. We should be able to test it. I'll look at the details closer.

What voltage does it read?
Did you ck for error codes in memory?

David

/ M59 will not drive #26  
Not knowing that tractor, but this redneck disconnects the battery for an hour or so to fully reset the electronics when I run into an odd problem that does not make sense.

/ M59 will not drive
Ok. Tractor is fixed!!!!! It was the switch on the high/low selector lever on the left of the steering column. Switch had shorted. Whew!! I was about to have to rent a machine to dig a footing tomorrow. Got a guy that works for me that has a friend who's a heavy equipment mechanic and he took a look at it tonight. Have no idea how he traced the problem down, but be said before he looked at it that electrical problems were his favorite to work on. Looks like he's pretty darn good at it.

Anyways, thank a lot for all the brainstorming. Y'all definitely taught me a few things already.

Got a manual and parts catalog on the way so maybe I won't be completely in the dark next time it needs work.

Tractor is a 2008 m59 with front loader and backhoe with thumb. Love the machine but we've definitely had our share of problems. Got 1175 hours on it. At around 400 hours the transmission blew up. Thank God that was under warranty. They told me the total rebuild they did on that transm would have cost 8k. Had the hydraulic pump go out at around 800 hours. That ended up costing us about $3800 by the time we bought pump and oil cooler and payed for all the shop hours. Oil cooler had to come from Japan. Made a decision there that we would try and do all the mechanicing we could ourselves from here on out. Don't know why we didn't get the manuals then.

So, we've had issues, but we do work it hard. All the hours have been digging footings or spreading dirt. The machine is very handy in my opinion. Much easier to transport than a full size hoe. Lots of people have tried to convince me all I need is a mini ex, but I don't know what I'd do without they huge front bucket.

So once again, many thanks!

/ M59 will not drive #28  
Good to know you were able to get it solved... lots of satisfaction plus it wasn't expensive.

Congratulations!