M62 TLB for Maintaining Hilly Land ?

/ M62 TLB for Maintaining Hilly Land ? #111  
Back on the original track, a few days ago I had to use my M62 to move a stack of steel pallets that in a former life held Kubota RTVs during shipping. Got a couple dozen of 'em free from the dealer. Got 'em home and stacked them easily using a box blade and about 400 pounds of railroad track on the back for ballast. The spot I picked had a mild side slope, but I didn't have any issues with tipping moving six or eight pallets at a time. This time, though, almost as soon as I lifted six pallets, the uphill front wheel started coming up off the ground. Instead of the weighted box blade on the back was a five foot Bushhog. Much lighter. I had to do the job two pallets at a time, and move very slowly and carefully to keep that wheel down on the ground, especially for the pallets on top of the six foot high pile. Also note that I'd installed six inch wide spacers under each rear wheel. So anytime you're working high with loads on the FEL, that tractor is gonna get tippy on a side hill. Even a very small side hill, like six inches of rise over eight feet.

If I had it to do over again, I'd have tried to find a skid steer track loader that could accept 3PH implements, even if it meant using a wonky SSQA arrangement on the front, just for the added stability on side hills.
Think you changed to bigger tires on your M62 also?

While tracked, high horsepower, high flow machines sure can clear some steep ground. Climbing over the FEL for grapple or lifting jobs working alone is not going to happen with a skidsteer. Having additional labor resources could solve some issues.

/ M62 TLB for Maintaining Hilly Land ? #112  
Think you changed to bigger tires on your M62 also?

While tracked, high horsepower, high flow machines sure can clear some steep ground. Climbing over the FEL for grapple or lifting jobs working alone is not going to happen with a skidsteer. Having additional labor resources could solve some issues.
The original rear tires are still on it, but I replaced the fronts with a pair of the same size when one got a sidewall cut.

Agree that working under an unlocked/unblocked FEL is a bad idea...