M7030 Starting

/ M7030 Starting #1  

bsekf

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7030, Long Landtrac 4700
I have had this tractor for a year and it is temperamental to start. But, I have found that if I lower the rpm to 500 before shutting off, it will start instantly with no problem. But, yesterday, I started the tractor, backed it out of the shed, let it run for a minute and reduced the rpm's to 500 and shut it off. 15 minutes later I tried to start it and it wouldn't fire. Used the glow plugs, it turned over fast but would not fire. Now, the 7030 has a red knob, in front of the shift levers, that is supposed to be an emergency stop. I presume it shuts the fuel off if the key switch should fail. I have never used it! Hour later I tried to start it again and just for the hell of it, I pressed that red knob in, maybe 1/8 inch, and it started instantly. Any idea what is going on? I think there is a little guy in there who likes to mess with my mind!

Bill

/ M7030 Starting #2  
Hard starting then starts easily when manual fuel cut-off is pressed forward sounds as if fuel was partially/nearly completely shut off.

/ M7030 Starting #3  
Maybe put a little slack in whatever adjustment may be there, and make sure the linkage has enough friction to keep the knob firmly in.
My previous Kubota had a manual engine shut off, but my current L4060 does not. I should probably know how to cut the fuel or air if necessary (other than the obvious methods).

/ M7030 Starting
Thanks, I'll do a little experimenting. Wonder if it the red knob shuts the air or the fuel off? If it is air that might be the reason it is a fuel hog. The tractor runs well and works well but is hard on fuel. Uses noticeably more than the Allis 6060 did but has a little more HP and no turbo.

/ M7030 Starting #5  
It looks like a rod attached to the injector pump for emergency fuel shut off. I still need to look at mine.