m7040 busted hydraulic hose

OP
m7040

m7040

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, MF 203 industrial, ZD331, RTV 1100 , Kubota Minix excavator, Unimog 404
skypup, could explain how you connected the pressure gauge and what gauge and lines you used?

SkyPup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs
I took a standard Pioneer Quick Disconnect and tapped it for a Glycerin Filled Hydraulic Pressure Guage and then installed it inline with the high pressure line coming out of the joystick FEL controller.

I do not have a photo handy with me right now, but basically it is installed inline with the hose delivering the high pressure hydraulic fluid to the FEL lift cylinder.

Here is a photo of another person's setup for checking hydraulic operational pressure.

My setup looks just like this except that my gauge is inline with the high pressure hose going to the FEL, ie the high pressure hose exits the top of the guage.

This way, I always know what the pressure reading is at all times and can tell if something is amiss.

Attachments

• FEL Pressure Gauge.jpeg
    FEL Pressure Gauge.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 116

MadReferee

Elite Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
Kubota B2710, IH TD6-62 dozer with Drott 4n1 bucket loader
That gauge setup will do nothing when the spools are in neutral and you are pushing on something. If you really want to measure pressure on the lift or curl circuit you must have the gauge connected to the work port that you want to measure. Remember that each spool has 2 work ports and you should connect the gauge to the one that will have pressure against it.

SkyPup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs
I have mine measuring the lift circuit.

jrepp

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030HSTC
M7040, at how many hours did your hose bust? I busted a FEL hose on my 5030 at about 20 hrs. Dealer replaced it under warranty. I now have over 1200 hrs of extremly heavy FEL work and have not had any more hose problems. I am just quessing my problem may have been a manufacturing defect?

OP
m7040

m7040

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, MF 203 industrial, ZD331, RTV 1100 , Kubota Minix excavator, Unimog 404
I had 90 hours on it when the hose burst. Truth be know it was my own fault for driving into the dirt with the bucket too much curled and this caused the pressure to build up in the line up to the spool valve and busted the hose that connected from the spool valve to the hard line on the loader. This is the one with the quick discennect on it. So lesson learned be careful when you have lots of traction with a curled bucket

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
Curled? I thought the problem occurred when the bucket was too far in the dump position? If the bucket is fully cureld it shouldn't put any pressure on the curl circuit (says the guy who knows nothing about hydraulics).

OP
m7040

m7040

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yes the position is too much open and when pushing hard it can over pressure the system

rdsaustintx

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-23
Fully curled the load should be at the cylinder stop not the hydraulics. Unless the force applied is trying to 'uncurl' the bucket.

No?