m7040 busted hydraulic hose

/ m7040 busted hydraulic hose
skypup, could explain how you connected the pressure gauge and what gauge and lines you used?

/ m7040 busted hydraulic hose #12  
I took a standard Pioneer Quick Disconnect and tapped it for a Glycerin Filled Hydraulic Pressure Guage and then installed it inline with the high pressure line coming out of the joystick FEL controller.

I do not have a photo handy with me right now, but basically it is installed inline with the hose delivering the high pressure hydraulic fluid to the FEL lift cylinder.

Here is a photo of another person's setup for checking hydraulic operational pressure.

My setup looks just like this except that my gauge is inline with the high pressure hose going to the FEL, ie the high pressure hose exits the top of the guage.

This way, I always know what the pressure reading is at all times and can tell if something is amiss.

Attachments

• FEL Pressure Gauge.jpeg
    FEL Pressure Gauge.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 136
   / m7040 busted hydraulic hose #13  
That gauge setup will do nothing when the spools are in neutral and you are pushing on something. If you really want to measure pressure on the lift or curl circuit you must have the gauge connected to the work port that you want to measure. Remember that each spool has 2 work ports and you should connect the gauge to the one that will have pressure against it.

/ m7040 busted hydraulic hose #14  
I have mine measuring the lift circuit.

/ m7040 busted hydraulic hose #15  
M7040, at how many hours did your hose bust? I busted a FEL hose on my 5030 at about 20 hrs. Dealer replaced it under warranty. I now have over 1200 hrs of extremly heavy FEL work and have not had any more hose problems. I am just quessing my problem may have been a manufacturing defect?

I had 90 hours on it when the hose burst. Truth be know it was my own fault for driving into the dirt with the bucket too much curled and this caused the pressure to build up in the line up to the spool valve and busted the hose that connected from the spool valve to the hard line on the loader. This is the one with the quick discennect on it. So lesson learned be careful when you have lots of traction with a curled bucket

/ m7040 busted hydraulic hose #17  
Curled? I thought the problem occurred when the bucket was too far in the dump position? If the bucket is fully cureld it shouldn't put any pressure on the curl circuit (says the guy who knows nothing about hydraulics).

Yes the position is too much open and when pushing hard it can over pressure the system

/ m7040 busted hydraulic hose #19  
Fully curled the load should be at the cylinder stop not the hydraulics. Unless the force applied is trying to 'uncurl' the bucket.

No?