M7040 Cab full LED conversion

/ M7040 Cab full LED conversion #1  

Rob41

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040
Probably covered a million times but I thought I'd share what worked for me. I changed out the headlights to plug and play LED units. They seem to be very well made are a simple installation and much, much brighter than the OEM.

I also changed out all four of the work lights with these. Also a direct fit to the original mount and of course, far brighter than the originals.

In a couple days the hazard and all other LED indicator lights will arrive and they are also and easy plug and play affair:

Amber https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08W4WQ6QH?ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details&th=1
Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08W4X91YK?ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Below are a few pics of the lights. All shop lights were turned off for the demo pics.

Attachments

• LED Worklight.jpg
    LED Worklight.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Rear Worklights.jpg
    Rear Worklights.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Front LEDs and Headlights.jpg
    Front LEDs and Headlights.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Rear LEDs.jpg
    Rear LEDs.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 146
   / M7040 Cab full LED conversion #2  
Hows the RFI with them? I've I need to add some work lights to L but trying to find some that don't kill my radio signal.
The LED's I've used on other tractors were pretty bad, with the lights on I would lose all radio.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ M7040 Cab full LED conversion
I don't know. I haven't installed a radio in my cab. How bad is the RFI. Would it be noticeable if it's bad if I bring my truck next to it?

I think I'm going to continue to use my JBL Charge3 with Pandora and my cell phone since the JBL has better bass than the factory speakers. And the JBL just sits secure right behind the cup holder.

/ M7040 Cab full LED conversion #4  
If your truck radio is next to it I would imagine that would be close enough, I don't have a cab but do use 3M hearing protection with a built in radio. I have my lights mounted on my ROPS and it would complete kill the radio signal when the lights are turned on most of the time.

I use my Bluetooth earbuds sometimes but have almost lost them a couple times and prefer the radio anyways.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

I'll pull the tractor out of the barn today and put my truck right next to it and see if it makes a difference.

/ M7040 Cab full LED conversion #6  
The lights look very bright. Might have to see what model of that headlight would work in my L, could always use more light.

The lights look very bright. Might have to see what model of that headlight would work in my L, could always use more light.
Double check this but I think the same bulbs will fit the L series too. Do you have a rubber boot behind your bulb assemblies? If so, unplug the three prong electrical connector (almost like a regular plug) fold it back the rubber boot, and on the right side of the bulb base there is a little hinged spring you push forward and then up to move it out of the way. You should then be able to simply remove the "three tabbed" bulb/base completely. If this is the case for you the bulbs I listed in my first post should work.

/ M7040 Cab full LED conversion #8  
Thanks, I’ll take a look.

/ M7040 Cab full LED conversion #9  
I haven't changed the headlights as they are always blocked by the loader but I did add essentially the same LED units for front and rear work lights as Rob did. I have 4 forward, 4 rear and I did put a basic car radio in the cab with no interference issues whatsoever. Just one data point for you...

I haven't changed the headlights as they are always blocked by the loader but I did add essentially the same LED units for front and rear work lights as Rob did. I have 4 forward, 4 rear and I did put a basic car radio in the cab with no interference issues whatsoever. Just one data point for you...
The first night I took the tractor out I quickly realized the headlights are useless with a loader attached. That was a newb mistake on my part :) I only use the worklights at night.

I also did not get interference on my radio when right next to the tractor.