M7040 with LA1153 Loader, 3rd Function Rework from Previous Owner

/ M7040 with LA1153 Loader, 3rd Function Rework from Previous Owner #1  

flashpuppy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 Kubota SVL75-2
My M7040 came with one of the rear remotes being plumbed for a grapple function. They ran hoses from the back, all the way to the front with a quick coupler in the appropriate spot to remove the loader. The quick couplers at the middle of the tractor have started to leak. Figure this is as good of a time as any to rework this and add an actual 3rd function valve. Considered just ordering the WR Long kit, but considering I already have, good quality Parker hoses, neatly ran to the front of the loader it makes even less sense to spend that much on it.

On this size of tractor, is a D03 plate still the correct size? Want to ensure I don't restrict hydraulic flow by running too small of a valve. I can not seem ti locate a spec that calls out GPM to the loader.

/ M7040 with LA1153 Loader, 3rd Function Rework from Previous Owner #2  
M7040 has 11gpm hydraulics (not counting flow for steering).

I would continue to use the rear SCV and fix the quick couplers or upgrade to a three function multi coupler if you remove your loader a LOT.

/ M7040 with LA1153 Loader, 3rd Function Rework from Previous Owner #3  
I have a 2012 M7040 with cab and FEL.

I have two remotes.

I needed another hydraulic circuit for my rear snow blower. The tractor can have a 3rd remote but for around $1,000.
I opted to add a 12 volt hydraulic selector valve which has the remote lever change what it is controlling at the flip of a switch.

Most owners install a selector valve on the loader. They switch the function between the tilting cylinders for the bucket and the grapple.
The joystick has a place for the switch for such a valve where is would be convenient.

I bought my selector valve on amazon. $160 in USA and free shipping

https://www.amazon.com/hydraulic-so...r/selector+Valve+3/8'+BSP+12VDC+13gpm+4570psi

The valve's ports are "BSP" which is not common in some areas so order the adapter fittings from supplier at the same time and save some frustration.

I bought a hydraulic brush cutter for my bucket and tried running it with hoses from the rear remotes. This spring I am going to add a selector valve to my bucket. Long hoses are just a snag away from a mess.

SABRE SAMURAI CUTTER | Cutthat.com - Home Of Sabre Samurai & Sabre Divider

Dave M7040

/ M7040 with LA1153 Loader, 3rd Function Rework from Previous Owner #4  
If running true 3rd function triple check the pressure drop and flow capabilities of the tandem center spool. These typically have higher pressure drop that other spools in the center position and lower flow performance rating. Might have to use a D05 size.

/ M7040 with LA1153 Loader, 3rd Function Rework from Previous Owner
I have a 2012 M7040 with cab and FEL.

I have two remotes.

I needed another hydraulic circuit for my rear snow blower. The tractor can have a 3rd remote but for around $1,000.
I opted to add a 12 volt hydraulic selector valve which has the remote lever change what it is controlling at the flip of a switch.

Most owners install a selector valve on the loader. They switch the function between the tilting cylinders for the bucket and the grapple.
The joystick has a place for the switch for such a valve where is would be convenient.

I bought my selector valve on amazon. $160 in USA and free shipping

https://www.amazon.com/hydraulic-so...r/selector+Valve+3/8'+BSP+12VDC+13gpm+4570psi

The valve's ports are "BSP" which is not common in some areas so order the adapter fittings from supplier at the same time and save some frustration.

I bought a hydraulic brush cutter for my bucket and tried running it with hoses from the rear remotes. This spring I am going to add a selector valve to my bucket. Long hoses are just a snag away from a mess.

SABRE SAMURAI CUTTER | Cutthat.com - Home Of Sabre Samurai & Sabre Divider

Dave M7040

This may be the way for me to go. I also have a cab with two remotes. Would really like to free the other one up for some more adjustability on rear implements.

/ M7040 with LA1153 Loader, 3rd Function Rework from Previous Owner #6  
This may be the way for me to go. I also have a cab with two remotes. Would really like to free the other one up for some more adjustability on rear implements.

Send me a private message with your email and I can help you with WSM for tractor and loader. There are two separate WSM's and you need both to understand the hydraulics with a factory loader as the tractor WSM does not cover the FEL connection into the tractor hydraulics.

If you do send me a PM, post that you have done it on the forum so I do not miss the PM

Dave M7040