M7060 Hyd. Toplink

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #11  
Yep, almost a necessity with forks or a forklift.

Pictures from back when I had a tractor.

P3310010.JPG

P4210003.JPG

P7210451.JPG

P7230507.JPG

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink
Thanks all! Lots of good info. 👍

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #13  
XFAXMAN--I like those pictures. Yet another thing to do with my forks and I need some concrete walks replaced. Forks would work perfect.

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #14  
I have an M7040 and wonder if a hydraulic toplink would work for heavier applications like tillage where there is a lot of pushing and pulling on the implement? I don't want leakdown where I would constantly have to adjust the link. Once you set the hyd link, does it stay put?

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #15  
I have an M7040 and wonder if a hydraulic toplink would work for heavier applications like tillage where there is a lot of pushing and pulling on the implement? I don't want leakdown where I would constantly have to adjust the link. Once you set the hyd link, does it stay put?

Typically, and the M series tractors have a good quality valve. But if you ever just have to 100% be sure that it never moves such as a manual link, just unplug the rod end coupler. It also helps a lot to have a properly sized (diameter) unit for your tractor. I normally recommend a 3" dia unit for the M series.

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #16  

Mine stays put extremely well and that is with a 1460 lb hog hung out on pretty long leverage. I have never had to adjust it to account for leakdown. I have no doubt as it ages, eventually all hydraulic cylinders will leak down but so far, no. One thing you have going for you is that the top link does not have to go thru anywhere near the number of in/out cycles that other cylinders do (like a front end loader cylinder, etc.) and thus the seals are not worn as quickly. For that reason, if you buy a good one to start with, you will probably never have the problem.

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #17  
Mine stays put extremely well and that is with a 1460 lb hog hung out on pretty long leverage. I have never had to adjust it to account for leakdown. I have no doubt as it ages, eventually all hydraulic cylinders will leak down but so far, no. One thing you have going for you is that the top link does not have to go thru anywhere near the number of in/out cycles that other cylinders do (like a front end loader cylinder, etc.) and thus the seals are not worn as quickly. For that reason, if you buy a good one to start with, you will probably never have the problem.

I would say that the vast majority of hydraulic top link problems talked about here on TBN are a direct result of poor quality valves.

There are several ways to deal with the problem, but none the less the problem is the control valve.

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #18  
you might want to make sure you have clearance on the tractor side of the top like. i got one with cat 2 balls on both ends. the factory had cat 1 on tractor side and cat 2 on the other. i figured i could put a bushing on the tractor end. there was not enough clearance between the ball and the back of the tractor unless i put it in there lowest hole on the tractor side. my fix was to cut the ball off and put a knuckle there instead and no clearance problems now

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #19  
murse72--Good advice. Thank you.

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #20  
Six, you can add a lock valve to the cylinder, but you lose float.