M7060 Hyd. Toplink

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #31  
They need a 'like' button on here!
Thanks for explaining that better, guys. I have one of each, and one that seems to have little or no reverse flow, that I use on my big tip trailer. Could just be an adjustment required to get it to behave.

Most SCV valves are adjustable. The one on my Kubota works great using some implements, not so good on others. On my primary use it works great so I haven't tried to adjust. I'd just mess it up and then it wouldn't work where I use it most. :)

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #32  
I don't think I use float or even know exactly how it works. I can guess what a lock valve is but how does it work?

It is like your front end loader -- push the stick beyond some point and it goes into float -- meaning the hydraulic cylinders are doing nothing and gravity has the bucket riding up and down with the terrain -- floating. I have never wanted that sort of behavior on hardly any of my applications (other than the FEL) and definitely not when using the hydraulic top link. I tend to detest control valves with detents that are constantly causing me to go into float when I had no such intentions. All that said, there might well be cases where hydraulic top link float would be desireable (??) . Note that 3pt lifts are inherently "float" in the sense that they provide only lift and not downward force.

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #33  
Yeah, if you use the "Build a Tractor" portion of Kubota's website, up in the larger Utility class, you choose which type of valving you want.

How do most come from the factory and is there a way to tell what I've got by working the levers?

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #34  
How do most come from the factory and is there a way to tell what I've got by working the levers?

Yeah, hook most anything to a remote and start up to pressurize the hydraulics. Then move the lever slowly forward and and it will go limp when it has gone into float. Usually some sort of "detent" feel to it. This is really a function of your control valves. If the control valves were there from the factory then the invoice details probably tell you. If they were dealer installed, ask them. The part numbers on the things may be nearly impossible to find/read, but they would tell you when looked-up.

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #35  

Most tractors come with an SCV valve of they only have one.

I explained in post #27 how to tell the difference by how the lever works.

This is very confusing until you get if figured out. Took me awhile.....

Look at my post #27 again and if you still don't get it we'll work thru it. :)

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #36  
Most tractors come with an SCV valve of they only have one.

I explained in post #27 how to tell the difference by how the lever works.

This is very confusing until you get if figured out. Took me awhile.....

Look at my post #27 again and if you still don't get it we'll work thru it. :)

Thanks and I think I understand. I'll go out tomorrow and lookee see.