Chipper Machete Wood chipper

/ Machete Wood chipper #1  

teach

Silver Member
Has anyone ever heard of, or know anything about Machete wood chippers? I'm looking at a used one, it is yellow in color, kind of on the small side (chips 3", maybe 4" pieces), 3pt mounted. It is missing a piece on the top, some sort of a spline/shaft (not the PTO shaft). Trying to nail down how to replace that part. I can't find a model # on the chipper anywhere. Its currently mounted and been used on a 16 hsp (not pto hsp) tractor.
Thanks.
Teach

/ Machete Wood chipper #2  
Does it look like this? I'm pretty sure mine is a Machete. It works great. I'm just starting my research for model number, part numbers, etc but it appears they went out of business a long time ago 20180324_165404.jpg

/ Machete Wood chipper #3  
Wow! Only took a little over 10 years to get an answer!! LOL :laughing:

/ Machete Wood chipper #5  
I'm sorry, couldn't help myself, just thinking about the Original poster waiting 10 years to find someone with a Machete!

waiting 10 years

/ Machete Wood chipper #6  
I'm sorry, couldn't help myself, just thinking about the Original poster waiting 10 years to find someone with a Machete!

waiting 10 years

And then there is the fact that Teach had only posted 187 times but was on here just this last January, so you just missed him.

/ Machete Wood chipper #7  
Yeah, its a bit embarrassing to learn you just responded to a 10 year old question. Many of us have done it. Not me, of course :mur:

/ Machete Wood chipper #8  
Hey it's been less than two years since last post so it must be OK to post here now!

S&R Pro Chip 2469P is of the same basic design.

Anyone interested & looking for info:

S&R Pro Chip 2469P - knife sharpening

/ Machete Wood chipper #9  
Yeah, its a bit embarrassing to learn you just responded to a 10 year old question.
--- ---
I don't find this a problem.. As long as someone gets useful info to a question they ask.. That is all that matters...

/ Machete Wood chipper #10  
Well, it’s been about 1yr since the last post.
And 13yrs since the first?
I bought a Machete chipper today for $150.
looks like it’s not been used much. But been sitting for many years.
i like fixing old attachments & i can really use a 3pt chipper.
I’m a machinist & welder, so that might help.
I’ll reply back when I get it in usable condition.
hope it won’t be in another year.:)
Cheers
EDIT: It looks identical to the photo in post #2

Attachments

• 381608EA-3E3D-464B-8FAC-1D75B7E26BEC.jpeg
    381608EA-3E3D-464B-8FAC-1D75B7E26BEC.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 72