Made In America Sub Soiler

/ Made In America Sub Soiler #11  
Two foot depth with shear bolt seems like it may not be a reasonable "ask". I don't know much about the shear bolt/subsoiler world though.

/ Made In America Sub Soiler #12  
I have never owned or used a SS . However a shear bolt is there for a reason I would think to keep you from tearing up costly parts to your implement or worse damaging your tractor.

/ Made In America Sub Soiler #14  
Awesome vid but a question and not tryin to stir up mud . According to Northern tool site that sub soiler does not have a shear bolt ? It states no shear bolt under ques and answers ?
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/t...MIy5m7rZm86QIVhJOzCh1L0gv5EAQYAiABEgKPLPD_BwE

LOL, no mud stirred, and indeed a hotly debated topic I came across more than once when I was searching for a Subsoiler. It does not have a shear bolt, but I suppose if you felt the need you could replace the pins with a grade 5 bolts or something from your local hardware if it's a concern. In my opinion, and for my use, I am running at very slow speed in loose soil, so personally it was not a concern for me. With that said, I probably would feel differently if I was looking at subsoiling acres of land at much higher speeds, that's when things get broken, at least in the world of farming. But then again, if that was the case, I wouldn't be using a single shank subsoiler behind a 75hp tractor. I think at low speeds, you will loose traction, and have an opportunity to get on the clutch or off the throttle before damaging your tractor. LOL, not withstanding, a hold my beer and watch this mentality is capable of breaking anything... I suppose it's a personal decision everyone needs to make for themselves, but this was my thought process when I decided to go with this particular subsoiler.

/ Made In America Sub Soiler #15  
So I just watched a video and guy has a Rhino subsoiler that he claims he did 2' depth with and it does have a shear bolt, I think Rhino may be US made.

How to Use a Subsoiler - YouTube

I looked at that subsoiler when I was shopping, and if I recall pricing was inline with the King Kutter. If memory serves me correctly, the Rhino has a lot less iron, I want to say the King Kutter weighs 150 pounds more, not certain, but I know it was considerably heavier.

/ Made In America Sub Soiler #16  
I looked at that subsoiler when I was shopping, and if I recall pricing was inline with the King Kutter. If memory serves me correctly, the Rhino has a lot less iron, I want to say the King Kutter weighs 150 pounds more, not certain, but I know it was considerably heavier.
Looks like they have a heavy duty one that is 260lbs and a standard duty that is 130lbs.

/ Made In America Sub Soiler #17  
I have a King Kutter, no shear bolt. I pull it at 18" with a 50hp tractor, 4wd in hard packed ground and no rocks. It will not go deeper due to the 3 point not going deeper. If I adjust the 3 point, it will not clear the ground for transporting it. Everything Attachments makes a really nice one with a shear bolt. It would be my choice if I have to replace mine. I know for transport I could shorten the top link.

/ Made In America Sub Soiler #18  
Mine will go down a few inches, but stop me dead if it catches a root or rock. To go 12-18 inches, you'd need to be in very soft ground with no subsurface issues. There are a number of manufacturers like Taylor-Pittsburgh where mine came from.

If you're dealing with more than a couple of hundred feet, it sounds like trencher time.

No trencher for me. I just pulled in about 800 feet of 2-inch PVC 12 inches deep with my subsoiler, in individual pulls up to 300 feet each. Have done miles of smaller diameter PVC the same way, as much as 900 feet per pull.

The subsoiler shank needs a sharp vertical front edge to slice the ground neatly and help cut through any tree roots. It creates very little ground disturbance and no backfilling is required.

Dry ground creates lots more drag on the pipe so moist conditions are best.

/ Made In America Sub Soiler #19  
I use Hay King brand Pasture Renovator. Does what I need done and I ana gonna dig a hole to China....10-12" is plenty to get past my Plow Pan. It has shear bolts on each shank. Local JD dealer had them in stock when I bought mine there.

/ Made In America Sub Soiler #20  
No trencher for me. I just pulled in about 800 feet of 2-inch PVC 12 inches deep with my subsoiler, in individual pulls up to 300 feet each. Have done miles of smaller diameter PVC the same way, as much as 900 feet per pull.

The subsoiler shank needs a sharp vertical front edge to slice the ground neatly and help cut through any tree roots. It creates very little ground disturbance and no backfilling is required.

Dry ground creates lots more drag on the pipe so moist conditions are best.

Gabby is giving you good advice. Your best would be to find a true one made for farming use. They will have the sharp front edge and shear bolt for the farmer does not pull them shallow or slow. I used a Kubota M6800 to pull two about 20 inches deep. There were times I could not pull both of them in real heavy hard pan. Mine two will easy weigh a few hundred pounds but 260 pounds for a single shank seems heavy. However there are some very heavy shingle shanks made in the USA and the price is over a $1,000 if memory is correct and they are on the massive side. Don't believe you would want that heavy of one. Be sure the points are a common design for you will wear them. The shank is best on the thin side but deep (front to back). A wide shank is not your friend and a flat front one is your enemy. If you have a field or pasture with trees around it a good subsoiling say once a year will keep the trees roots from robing the moisture and nutrients.