Made in the USA

/ Made in the USA #101  
As I remember my youth in the '70ths - everything made in the USA, starting from chewing gum up to the spaceships, were considered as the best in the world :)
Some in opposition were wondering, how could USSR reach the space, if it couldn't produce such a trifle like a chewing gum. Kids were crazy for that, especially looking at the NHL players while watching TV.

/ Made in the USA #103  
As I remember my youth in the '70ths - everything made in the USA, starting from chewing gum up to the spaceships, were considered as the best in the world :)
Some in opposition were wondering, how could USSR reach the space, if it couldn't produce such a trifle like a chewing gum. Kids were crazy for that, especially looking at the NHL players while watching TV.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I gotta remember that one. Our chewin' gum is high tech.:thumbsup: Thanks for the morning chuckle. . .or is that Chicle?

21x0F1TudXL._AA115_.jpg

/ Made in the USA #104  
As a Canadian I try hard to buy Canadian or American made products when I can Getting very hard to do. Bought my wife a cast iron frying pan for Xmas one year. The store had two side by side, one was 10 dollars cheaper. Yup, you guessed it, Made in China for the cheaper one. The other one was an american made. The american made had a nicer finish and better quality iron. I used to work in a foundry. The best thing we can do is to buy as little of overseas products as possible to keep yours and mine neighbors working. Also remember that both of our countries are based upon Christian beliefs and not some other god! God Bless our countries!

Amen, and God Bless us all!

/ Made in the USA #105  
:laughing::laughing::laughing: . . .or is that Chicle?QUOTE]

Thank You, Jim. I didn't know you call it Chicle :)
Each post or thread makes my knowledge wider and wider ... :cool2:

/ Made in the USA #106  
This topic is near and dear to me. I went to a Big Lots store with my wife about a year ago. She was shopping, I was waiting on a woman, but pass the time I poked around a bit. On the way in the store I noticed a display of Coca Cola products in the front. I checked out the tools and they all appeared to be junk, so I looked at the country of origin. All China. I moved on and picked up items such as electronics, linens, shoes, gloves, anything and everything I came across, and every last one of them were made in China. Finally my wife was ready to leave. My consensus was that everything except the Coke was made in China, but it was a Big Lots after all.

A few weeks later I went to Lowes to buy a fan. They had a nice looking Dayton on display and I looked at the specs to see how much CFM's and Amps and such, and noticed the country of origin to be China. When did Dayton move to China? I always thought it was in Ohio. I guess Dayton moved around the same time Chicago and Milwaukee moved. Those tools are made in China now too. From what I've learned in the last few years the only electrical tool still made in this country is Dewalt.

Bottom line; in my opinion the only way for this country to return to being a true global power in both economics and military strength is for us to get back to work and build something.

/ Made in the USA #107  
Some Dewalt is made in China now too. I was looking at a 7" grinder and made in China. The Milwaukee was too. Glad I have 2 older 5" models.

I'm glad my tools, hand and electric have been purchased over the last 30 years and have lasted. I feel sorry for young people looking to start buying their tool collections.

kj

/ Made in the USA #108  
Channellock Pliers made in Meadville, PA. Dam good pliers that probably most tractor owners have.

Ken

/ Made in the USA #109  
Our 1959 Willys wagon and 1982 CJ-5. Made in the USA. :thumbsup:

/ Made in the USA #110  
Alaskan Amber beer
Microsoft Windows
Rap music
John Lee Hooker
Spiderman 1, 2, and 3
Ditto The Terminator
Boeing 767, 757, 777, 737 but not the 787 :(
Kitchenaid stand mixer--still the best
Powermatic 66 tablesaws (no longer made, regrettably)
Microsoft Office, Apple OSX, Oracle, Salesforce.com, eBay, Google, etc etc
Redhook beer
Makers Mark
a $5 plastic gas funnel I bought in the local auto parts store...
and a line trimmer rack built in NC which had parts that didn't fit together, paint that pulled off with the packing tape, and a manufacturer that didn't care when I asked about it.:laughing: