"Made in the USA"

/ "Made in the USA" #31  
Re: \"Made in the USA\"

Kind of like a Lamborghini? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ "Made in the USA" #32  

"I'm with you Rat, Companies are so interdependant these days, Keeping up with exactly where every piece is made would be very hard. "

and pointless as well. J

/ "Made in the USA" #33  

Here is a designed and "mostly" made in the USA. It's a unique concept where tractors in the 3d world are used to haul to market as well as used in the field. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
http://www.tructor.com/

/ "Made in the USA" #34  

AndyMa

<font color="blue"> Granted they have some part from around the world but the actual Boomers are "made in the USA" </font>

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but I would bet $$ that most of the parts to "assemble" the boomers here are from Asia/Japan/Italy and not the USA. The sheet metal is probably stamped here but that is about it. To my knowlegde their are no trators under 85+-hp "bult in the USA"
Chipperman

/ "Made in the USA" #35  

My friends kubota M8200 loader is "Made in USA". So some of Kubota parts must be made here.

Eric

/ "Made in the USA" #36  

Timberlands, and I know they are gone now, but that indicated what a great product Americans can make. 9 year old boots that are as comfortable as tennis shoes.
Let me add
bicycles (yes you have to spend over $100)
Appliences
tools

Good luck finding toys though. My wife recently looked at all of my sons toys and virtually every last one was made in Red China. I like to buy American but I do go foreign fairly often for better product. However, I hate to buy stuff from china because I dont think I've ever seen a chinese product that was the best in class. cheapest yeah, but not best. And politically I feel obligated to attempt to boycot chinese products. I will have to try a lot harded though, I'm ashamed about all those toys. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ "Made in the USA" #37  

This was what I was trying to say by "small diesels", in the 20 HP range. ALL made outside the US.
Bummer, but appearently true.

/ "Made in the USA" #38  

Good to know, I will take note.
And a good point for the "have to own an American car" crowd. I respect that position, but I will also submit that many of those types have an American car (mostly mexican parts) in the garage, and yet, everything else they own is from K or Wall , meaning almost certainly a chinease made product. Lots of needed (and deserved based on the value and quality of the products produced) jobs are lost to the "small stuff" bought from china.

/ "Made in the USA" #39  

This Amurican made thing is is 19th century thinking in the 21st century. Companies are multinational. Stock ownership is multinational. Company leadership is multinational. Manufacturing is multinational. Sourcing of materials is multinational. Sourcing of components is multinational. The Internet is multinational. It is a Global economy. What we are seeing is the beginning of a change in the way peoples, countries and economies interelate. National borders are becoming pourous and pointless. Governments are being superceded by corporations and soon the only purpose of a national border will be for who gets to collect the tax money. I am no less American than others because I have a Made in America Toyota and a Kubota tractor. The Global economy has evolved beyond such simplistic thinking and apparently left the thinking of many in the dirt. In the future what will define "nationality" is the philosophy we live by, the values promoted and the freedoms and dignity provided or lack thereof---not the kind of appliance you drive to work. Because I choose to drive Toyota Corporation appliances or Kubota utility appliances does not make me less American, I am about sick of that foolishness. One more global way of thinking is that Americas greatest product is free thinking, it has been said that Democracies do not start wars with one another, consider also that countries that are so completely interconnected by the internet, buisness, manufacturing, culture and so on will be very relunctant to start wars with one another as well, they are us, we are them and more so every day. J

/ "Made in the USA" #40  

My fellow TBNers, please remember that;

1. TBN is a site on the World Wide Web
2. TBN is a site devoted to the discussion of all things tractor related.

There are plenty of sites where discussions of geo-political topics are appropriate. TBN is not one of them. It's threads like this that can turn, shall we say, ugly, very quickly. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Specifically, the Buying/Pricing forum is for discussing;

General compact tractor buying and pricing discussions, excluding brand-specific questions.

Therefore, replies about where tractors are assembled, where the various and sundry parts come from are examples of appropriate responses. Responses that include opinions about countries, opinions about other TBNers opinions, etc. are not.