Magazine Clutter - Solution

/ Magazine Clutter - Solution #1  

SJay

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225 Tractor, John Deere 4x2 Gator, Husqvarna Zero Turn, John Deere Buck 650 ATV
Over the years I have subscribed to many different magazines. Usually one or two articles of interest and at times no articles of interest. Handyman, Wood Magazine, This Old House - clutter everywhere and eventually thrown away. Finally dawned on me about a week ago :shocked: - Dummy, you have a scanner and a computer and a great backup device, why don't you scan the articles you want to save and throw the rest of the magazine away. So using my ScanSnap S300 scanner, I scan the article into the computer and using my ScanSnap software I categorize each article. Then when I am working on a project I check my archives first and the off I go. The Synology Device is a Raid backup device.

Magazine (1).JPGMagazine (2).JPGMagazine (3).JPG

/ Magazine Clutter - Solution #2  
Great idea, can I send you some magazines and you email me the pages I want? Just kidding!

/ Magazine Clutter - Solution
Not to be uncouth - bathroom time is sorting time :thumbsup:

/ Magazine Clutter - Solution #4  
I used to save/clip etc. as well. Finally realized everything I need to know is on Google or YouTube so now I read, enjoy and pitch the magazines.

I have found Evernote to be a great on-line clip-saver...

/ Magazine Clutter - Solution #5  
I'll be doing that after our move to the new house. I've got some very old magazines and not all of them are online and some of the ones I still have interest in want $$$ to access them.

/ Magazine Clutter - Solution #6  
You can probably get the articles online and save it as a pdf from the webpage. Then it's a text searchable document instead of a picture.