Mahindra 2525 Clutch Adjustment

/ Mahindra 2525 Clutch Adjustment #1  

rtucker1975

Tractor
Mahindra 2525
Does anyone know the clutch adjustments for a mahindra 2525? Just replaced drive and pto clutch plates and need to know clearances. Thanks

/ Mahindra 2525 Clutch Adjustment
I have the owners manual and the service manual and neither give any specs.

/ Mahindra 2525 Clutch Adjustment #4  
I've replaced more clutches than I care to count, and for most of them I had no specs at all. I guess I've never found it necessary.

What are your concerns regarding said "specs"? What all did you replace, and why do you feel you need specs? If they're not found in the manuals, how would anyone out here have them?

I've replaced more clutches than I care to count, and for most of them I had no specs at all. I guess I've never found it necessary.

What are your concerns regarding said "specs"? What all did you replace, and why do you feel you need specs? If they're not found in the manuals, how would anyone out here have them?
Its a dual stage clutch. I replaced the main and pto clutch disks as well as the pilot and throwout bearing. There is adjustments for the three release fingers and three for the pto clutch disk. I took measurements with dial calipers before disassembling and put it back together using those measurements and it will not release. Was just curious if anyone had the correct specs before I start to adjust everything.

/ Mahindra 2525 Clutch Adjustment #6  
Which one won't release? You took measurements before disassembling. What did you measure? The PTO adjustment bolts appear to be similar to most other dual clutches, and are adjusted evenly with a feeler gauge. Typically to somewhere between .060 and ,090 inch. The three levers usually aren't that critical as long as they are all even in contact with the throw out bearing. The travel on the throw out bearing sleeve needs sufficient adjustment to contact the levers with the clutch pedal up and room to adjust backwards to provide pedal free play as the disc wears. This should be checked (and dealt with as needed) before the tractor halves are rolled together. Did you do that?

The drive
Which one won't release? You took measurements before disassembling. What did you measure? The PTO adjustment bolts appear to be similar to most other dual clutches, and are adjusted evenly with a feeler gauge. Typically to somewhere between .060 and ,090 inch. The three levers usually aren't that critical as long as they are all even in contact with the throw out bearing. The travel on the throw out bearing sleeve needs sufficient adjustment to contact the levers with the clutch pedal up and room to adjust backwards to provide pedal free play as the disc wears. This should be checked (and dealt with as needed) before the tractor halves are rolled together. Did you do that?
The drive clutch is the one that will not release. I measured from top of bolts to base of clutch assembly on all adjustable bolts. The throw out bearing has sufficient adjustment for wear. I'm thinking the bolts, not the nuts (the ones that move levers in/out) are the ones at question but not sure what to do with them.

/ Mahindra 2525 Clutch Adjustment #8  
Looking at the parts list I don't see which "bolts" you're referring to. What I see is three lever assemblies with pins, washers, etc, and each has two adjustment nuts. Three bolts and nuts for the PTO adjustment, and six bolts holding the assembly to the flywheel. The assembly of the three lever units looks to be pretty much self explanatory, and the adjustment nuts don't appear to be all that critical to operation as long as all three are levers are equal. The belleville washers are the same part number so mixing them shouldn't matter.

Where are you on assembly right now? Is the tractor together or split apart again?

The tractor is together. Was gonna make adjustments through the inspection plate on bell housing if I could figure out what to do. The adjustment bolt I circled in red are the ones I'm thinking needs attention.

Attachments

• IMG_1465.jpg
    IMG_1465.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
   / Mahindra 2525 Clutch Adjustment #10  
That would be the PTO plate adjustment. I would start by measuring the gap (with a feeler gauge) between the end of the bolt and the plate it contacts when the pedal is depressed. Your manuals, one of them at least, should have that dimension. Again, probably between .060 and .090 or some metric equivalent. Measured with pedal fully up. Unless that adjustment is way too tight, it really shouldn't adversely affect the operation of the drive clutch portion, so I doubt that this is your problem. Does that portion of the clutch work now? You can test it easily enough. With engine off engage the PTO and fully depress the clutch pedal. Have someone try to turn the PTO output shaft. With pedal fully down the shaft should turn by hand with little or no effort. As the pedal comes up it should get harder and eventually stop before the pedal is half way up.