Buying Advice Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #111  
Massey Ferguson 1600 series have an HST with auto-throttle. I'm not sure on the 1700 series, but it may be as well.

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST
John Deere does indeed offer some models that operate similar to the HST+. The feature is called eThrottle. The smallest tractor on which this feature is available, however, is their 60 HP 4520. I plan to call the local dealer tomorrow but I suspect this model will bust my budget.

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #113  
Here is what the Massey 1700 series has available in every size.

Transmission options

Operators can choose between a classic 12x12 power shuttle transmission or a more-advanced hydrostatic transmission (HST). For those who prefer a traditional transmission, the 12x12 power shuttle has four synchronized gears and three non-synchronized ranges for a wide array of speed options. When quick direction changes are needed, an electronically controlled, wet multi-disc clutch lets the operator shuttle the tractor, changing the direction of travel simply by flipping a lever rather than using the foot clutch.

The more-advanced HST transmission offers even simpler operation, allowing drivers to focus on the task at hand. The HST empowers operators to vary work and travel speeds infinitely, without shifting gears, for more precise control and reduced fatigue over long days on the job.

典he 1700 Series tractors with HST transmission are as simple to drive as a car, says Bercik. 典wo pedals by the operator痴 right foot provide easy control one for direction, the other for speed.

The HST also offers advanced controls at an easy arm痴 reach. Max Speed Control adjusts the tractor痴 top speed, providing tighter control over a precise speed range. Response Control allows the operator to set how aggressively the transmission reacts to input, providing a personalized balance between comfort and power. Electronic Cruise Control enables the operator to conveniently set a constant speed without mechanical levers. And Stall Guard electronically monitors engine performance to automatically adjust speed for situational power to prevent engine stall. 典hese features, standard with the new HST, are bound to save operators frustration and enhance productivity, says Bercik.

Sounds a lot like Kubota's HST+ to me. Like I mentioned earlier, there are others that now have the throttle linked to the HST pedal-s. I think that Kubota's HST edge is going away.

And of course all of this is good, gives us that much more to choose from when looking at the more deluxe tractor models. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #114  
ATA is not part of HST+

Massy Ferguson is missing the best part of HST+, the dual speed hydro.

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #115  
I just sold a Mahindra 3510 and it was problem free, Mahindra makes a mighty fine tractor.

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST
Thanks MtnViewRanch. That description is true of Mahindra's HST and JD's HST w/out eThrottle. MF's "Response Control" does not sound like the same as Kubota's Auto Throttle feature. I'll call MF tomorrow to verify.

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #117  
Thanks MtnViewRanch. That description is true of Mahindra's HST and JD's HST w/out eThrottle. MF's "Response Control" does not sound like the same as Kubota's Auto Throttle feature. I'll call MF tomorrow to verify.

I was unaware that Mahindra had anything even close to that. :confused:

To me it, with all those adjustments that can be done, the only thing that it is missing is the hi-lo option to be pretty much the same thing as the HST+. New Holland had the hi-lo for some time, not that they currently have it, I believe that it was with the Shibaura built tractors.

Not saying that the HST+ still is not the best HST, just that their lead has diminished. ;)

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #118  
I was unaware that Mahindra had anything even close to that. :confused:

To me it, with all those adjustments that can be done, the only thing that it is missing is the hi-lo option to be pretty much the same thing as the HST+. New Holland had the hi-lo for some time, not that they currently have it, I believe that it was with the Shibaura built tractors.

Not saying that the HST+ still is not the best HST, just that their lead has diminished. ;)

Did the NH's have a 2 speed motor for their hi-lo?

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #119  
Did the NH's have a 2 speed motor for their hi-lo?

I have no idea how it operated. Never had one, just know that they had a turtle-rabbit rocker switch on one of the control levers. People use to talk about them here on TBN. If you want to find out, maybe some searching will get you that info. :confused3:

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #120  

This is the 1600 series HST description:

Three-Range Hydrostatic (HST)
Ease of use & infinite ground speeds
Separate forward and reverse foot pedals on the uncluttered platform give you precise control of speed and direction. Increasing engine speed is as simple as pushing the pedal - just like in your car. Or you can set engine speed with the hand throttle for operations that require constant engine RPM, like using the PTO. We even moved the brake pedals to the left side of the platform for ease in using the steering brakes.