Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #282  
well i spent some time digging out my pond over the 4th weekend, i must say i'm impressed with the digging ability of the 5145. In undisturbed hard packed clay or topsoil, point the bucket at the ground, push, roll the bucket back as the tractor bogs or spins the tires and the result is a heaped full bucket consistently no fuss.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
Same here. I dug hard pan and rocks out to make a fire pit area on Saturday. The picture doesn’t do Justice to how much I had to dig but along the back of the semi circle it’s about 3 feet deep. I ended up with probably the equivalent of two triaxle dump loads of tailings. Which I’ll use to make final grade around my septic tanks. Definitely has the power and weight to really dig. 20860066-BB4F-408C-B170-4733F317CAC6.jpeg6EAC0B19-42D5-4F7F-9734-1868BCA2FCA5.jpeg

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #284  
Same here. I dug hard pan and rocks out to make a fire pit area on Saturday. The picture doesn’t do Justice to how much I had to dig but along the back of the semi circle it’s about 3 feet deep. I ended up with probably the equivalent of two triaxle dump loads of tailings. Which I’ll use to make final grade around my septic tanks. Definitely has the power and weight to really dig. View attachment 752963View attachment 752964
nice! yes i have an unbelievable pile of dirt. I was expecting issues with digging in this hard packed soil, but even without loaded tires and just a box blade on the rear it digs. also very easy on fuel, i have put less than 18 gal in 34 hrs

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #285  
Help! Rear remotes! Am going to install a hydraulic top link on my 5155 and was looking at the factory installed rear remote couplings on the tractor. They are unlike any I have seen before. Others have, on the female side, a sleeve you pull back to install/release the other coupling. These do not, see photo. I tried pushing, pulling and twisting to no effect. Any advice on how to attach to the rear remotes? Thanks
Hey soldier, ya those are a pain in the rear....you have to push in firmly, and then yank them really quick, I have hurt myself doing this, mine leaked so in the end there was nothing good about them so I swapped them out for the pioneer style from Amazon, no more leaks, and easy to disengage, hope this helps😁

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #286  
OK Walt and all others, try this one. Walt mentioned that the main clutch and PTO clutch linkages need to be greased and that the zerks are under the floormat in front of the clutch. This is shown in the lube photo in the owners manual. I went to look on my 5155 and found it is nothing like the photo. No zerks are evident as in the photo and lifting the floormat would be a major task. See my photos attached. The only thing I can think of is to cut the tops off the two raised circles and hope the zerks are there. Any advice?
I must thank you all, I didn't realize those grease zerks we're there, I have notice my clutch being just a bit crunchy feeling, I also noticed that there are two on the brake side as well, it's good to go now...thanks again! On a side note , most of you may already know this, but I make sure to scratch the factory paint off the grease zerks before greasing, little micro paint chips could clog the zerks down the road 😁😎

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
I must thank you all, I didn't realize those grease zerks we're there, I have notice my clutch being just a bit crunchy feeling, I also noticed that there are two on the brake side as well, it's good to go now...thanks again! On a side note , most of you may already know this, but I make sure to scratch the factory paint off the grease zerks before greasing, little micro paint chips could clog the zerks down the road 😁😎
I’d recommend using the guide in the owners manual and really looking the underside of the tractor very closely for grease fittings. I actually missed a few the first time I greased mine because I had left the manual at home. So the second time I referred to the lube chart and went under and found a few more. And yes definitely pull up the corner of the floor mat near the clutch pedal and hit those two fittings. It took just a minute or two to pop a couple of push in plastic keepers and fold the floor mat back enough to get to those fittings. There’s a lot of fittings on the tractor itself not to mention the typical ones on the loader. I view this as a very good thing since it seems like many things have gone away from this. Grease is your friend.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #288  
I’d recommend using the guide in the owners manual and really looking the underside of the tractor very closely for grease fittings. I actually missed a few the first time I greased mine because I had left the manual at home. So the second time I referred to the lube chart and went under and found a few more. And yes definitely pull up the corner of the floor mat near the clutch pedal and hit those two fittings. It took just a minute or two to pop a couple of push in plastic keepers and fold the floor mat back enough to get to those fittings. There’s a lot of fittings on the tractor itself not to mention the typical ones on the loader. I view this as a very good thing since it seems like many things have gone away from this. Grease is your friend.
Quick question in regards to the grease zerks, there is one on the right side(passenger)that you can see way up towards the 3 point control, it is way out of reach to get from the bottom, I was wondering if taking the plastic cover off the 3 point control would allow access the this zerk, I mean I have long arms but it's still out of reach ,thoughts?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #289  
Hey soldier, ya those are a pain in the rear....you have to push in firmly, and then yank them really quick, I have hurt myself doing this, mine leaked so in the end there was nothing good about them so I swapped them out for the pioneer style from Amazon, no more leaks, and easy to disengage, hope this helps😁
John...thank you. I have installed the top link and using your and others advice and it works fine so far. The only thing is that the top link moves too fast for fine adjustment. Am getting a hydraulic flow control valve to slow down he flow.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #290  
Different subject: Am preparing for my 50 hr service and intend to replace all the Universal Tractor Fluid (hydraulic system). So many choices but I am zeroing in on TRIAX Agra UTTO XL Synthetic Blend Tractor Transmission and Hydraulic Oil. Any experience with that?? See Amazon for details. Thanks