Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #271  
Well we got Big Red back last week and all is well, except i hit the fuel filter with a limb while grappling some brush, it put a big dent in my fuel filter and messed up the ring that secures the filter. No leaks but i will have some work to do during the 50hr. I must say this thing digs a lot better than i expected.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #273  
Well I, for one, am glad your issue is resolved; but maybe what you REALLY need is an excavator :)
-Simon
no I need a tank, and thought that I had bought one lol. The spider gears was most likely a heat treatment issue. On the other hand I bought the tractor to use and it will not be a 500hrs looks brand new bargain for someone after 5 years. If I need an excavator I will be renting that. The tractor was purchased to provide me with a reason to get off of my computer and be more active, and it has accomplished that. I do not see any reason to beat it to death by doing things that it cannot do, but at the same time I did my research and bought equipment that should do what I need without over stressing it. I fully believe that the tractor will pick up some scars and warn out parts along the way. At the very least everyone else should learn something about the 5100 series from my experiences/misadventures/screwups lol.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
no I need a tank, and thought that I had bought one lol. The spider gears was most likely a heat treatment issue. On the other hand I bought the tractor to use and it will not be a 500hrs looks brand new bargain for someone after 5 years. If I need an excavator I will be renting that. The tractor was purchased to provide me with a reason to get off of my computer and be more active, and it has accomplished that. I do not see any reason to beat it to death by doing things that it cannot do, but at the same time I did my research and bought equipment that should do what I need without over stressing it. I fully believe that the tractor will pick up some scars and warn out parts along the way. At the very least everyone else should learn something about the 5100 series from my experiences/misadventures/screwups lol.
You should be good to go. I think your problem was probably one bad spider gear that let go and took out the rest of them. My impression of the 5155 when I was looking at buying one has only been further solidified after putting about 45 hrs on mine. It’s a very stoutly built and well thought out machine. It’s capabilities are so far above the 1538 it replaced it’s in an entirely different class. And I loved my 1538! I just went over mine last weekend with the grease gun and not only is the number of zerk fittings impressive for a modern piece of equipment, as I was laying underneath it greasing it the overall build and heft of everything is equally impressive. All of the controls feel really good (with the exception of the 3 point lowering knob), and getting it out on the road and running through the gears in high range felt good too. It shifted very smooth at speed, and pulled some steep hills in high range 3rd gear. I have the 50 hour service coming up soon and I’m looking forward to that. Something kinda neat about being the first person to crack open the drain plugs etc since it left the factory.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #275  
Glad to hear you worked it out.
Does anyone else have an issue with the knob that adjusts the speed of operation for the 3 point lift?

My knob is acting like the shaft is bent below the floorboard, ie hard to turn then easy then hard and the shaft changes direction while turning.
Yes, mine seems to be bent. It was bent when I got the tractor, although I did not know it. I will have the dealer check into this when I do the 50 hour service. I have 27 hours on it now.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #276  
Yes, mine seems to be bent. It was bent when I got the tractor, although I did not know it. I will have the dealer check into this when I do the 50 hour service. I have 27 hours on it now.
Keep reading the thread we found that that issue is normal I posted a section from the service manual that illustrates that assembly, it is funky and looks like they made a mistake in design and thru together a fix that wile feeling funky should be durable.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #277  
Keep reading the thread we found that that issue is normal I posted a section from the service manual that illustrates that assembly, it is funky and looks like they made a mistake in design and thru together a fix that wile feeling funky should be durable.
Speaking of the service manual, do you have a printed manual? At any rate where did you get the one you have? My dealer called Mahindra and told me, this morning, that Mahindra does not have printed repair manual at this time.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #278  
Speaking of the service manual, do you have a printed manual? At any rate where did you get the one you have? My dealer called Mahindra and told me, this morning, that Mahindra does not have printed repair manual at this time.
down loaded pdf from Bob's, and to my knowledge Mahindra has not released a printed copy yet, also Bob's service manual is exactly the same as the Mahindra one including some missing info.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #279  
down loaded pdf from Bob's, and to my knowledge Mahindra has not released a printed copy yet, also Bob's service manual is exactly the same as the Mahindra one including some missing info.
I can't find Bob's service manual. Do you have a link you can share?