Mahindra 8560 vs Deutz Fahr 4080.4e - both with cabs

/ Mahindra 8560 vs Deutz Fahr 4080.4e - both with cabs #1  

Northern Rivers

Tractor
n/a
Hi guys,

First time poster and pretty green here on the tractor front, I am looking for advice on which of the two above tractors would be preferred by the guys that have some idea on these things.

I have just purchased 100 acres/40ha (40 of moderately steep & 60 of flat), property was previously used for sugar cane and dairy. I will be using it for a glorified lifestyle block and hobby farm with hair sheep like Australian whites/dorpers (no ongoing regular cropping). I am looking at doing a good amount of property improvement including new dams, swales, drainage and pasture improvement etc. but happy bringing in contractors for the bigger "one time" items like dams and swales.

Looking to run slashers and flail mowers, lots of new tree holes with an auger, some minor tilling/box grader to improve drainage and for the first stage of leveling etc. and then ongoing maintenance while being able to tow tree trunks to burn piles etc etc.

These two tractors seem to both have good reviews when looking globally, both be heavier than the Kioti/kabuto alternatives and not priced like a John Deere/New holland.

The DF has a bigger engine at 4000cc vs 3300c for the mahindra, both are similar in HP 78 vs 83hp, the mahindra weighs more and has a higher hydraulic flow rate of 64lpm vs 42lpm for the DF, but the DF has more gears and a bigger rear point lift of 3500kg vs 2494kg for the mahindra.

The DF is german designed and built in turkey from their new purpose-built factory and a more recently released model, while the Mahindra is indian designed and built in india, while it also has won a few Japanese awards for quality.

There is roughly 3k in the price difference with the mahindra being slightly cheaper but deutz looks better if that matters.

Currently I am stuck for a decision so any help or personal experiences would be great, as a side note the Mahindra dealer strikes me as genuine and the closest DF dealer has a few mixed reviews but promises great things.

Based in Northern Rivers Australia approx. 3km from the coastline if that matters (sub-tropical with some humidity and salt air considerations)

/ Mahindra 8560 vs Deutz Fahr 4080.4e - both with cabs #2  
I've never heard a bad word said of Deutz; that said, I've never operated one either, so take that as you will.

/ Mahindra 8560 vs Deutz Fahr 4080.4e - both with cabs #3  
I say go with the Deutz, but naturally I'm kinda biased towards the European manufacturers and I see those DF series working hard just about everywhere, stacking thousands of hours. That being said, we don't even get Mahindra here.

Anyways, the Deutz comes with a couple great advantages, like actual hydraulically actuated wet brakes on all 4 wheels, 40km/h with lots of gears (always a must, even if you don't use them all right away), 4000cc engine rated a 2200 RPMs (making for a very quiet and smooth running engine), Front Diff Lock as standard, also sits lowers than the Mahindra (nice and stable on hills) and has R1 Radial tires (Another must).

/ Mahindra 8560 vs Deutz Fahr 4080.4e - both with cabs #4  
Recently bought a Deutz 6130ttv, so far I've been satisfied although I haven't done any field work yet.

One thing that you might be able to use is the distributor seemed really eager to make the sale in my case and I was able to get 10k knocked off the listed price and have larger tires installed as part of the deal. The dealer I worked with when ordering it said they were getting a better price from the distributor so they were able to pass on some of that my way. Maybe it's all smoke and mirrors but you should at least push back and say you want it for the same price as the mahindra

/ Mahindra 8560 vs Deutz Fahr 4080.4e - both with cabs #5  
My opinion pretty much echoes what PTSG explains , I’d go with the Deutz. Also according to tractor data that Mahindra 8560 model was discontinued in 2018 (2008-2018 production). Maybe different where you’re at?

/ Mahindra 8560 vs Deutz Fahr 4080.4e - both with cabs #6  
My opinion pretty much echoes what PTSG explains , I’d go with the Deutz. Also according to tractor data that Mahindra 8560 model was discontinued in 2018 (2008-2018 production). Maybe different where you’re at?
I agree

/ Mahindra 8560 vs Deutz Fahr 4080.4e - both with cabs
Thanks guys, seems unanimous. Deutz it is.

The feedback has been a big help with the stability on hills etc.

/ Mahindra 8560 vs Deutz Fahr 4080.4e - both with cabs #8  
Please let us know how the Deutz Fahr works out! I am a big fan of Deutz, Fendt and Mann machinery. Some of the best, in my opinion.
As soon as I shake my last [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] free, I may sit down with a Deutz Fahr dealer and see if they really want to sell me a new 130HP tractor. I hear they are giving excellent deals.
I work for a family that owned older Deutz tractors and before the farmer passed, he said he really liked their tractors. Was very proud of them.

There are some really good European manufacturers most of you will never get a chance to see or operate and thats unfortunate. Another really good company is Sisu. They make a hell of a strong diesel engine. I have one in my Massey and it’s right there with Cummins on power. Probably will run 15,000 hours with no issues.

I hear the Mann diesels are the very best. Fendt uses Mann and Deutz diesels in their tractors. AGCO has done a great job of acquiring Fendt, but allowing them to retain their excellent parts and assemblies.

/ Mahindra 8560 vs Deutz Fahr 4080.4e - both with cabs #9  
The Deutz don't have all that pollution crap??

willy

/ Mahindra 8560 vs Deutz Fahr 4080.4e - both with cabs #10  
The Deutz don't have all that pollution crap??

willy
I'm almost sure that Australia has no regulations on off road engines. So the Deutz just have EGR in that market in particular, which is the bare minimum.

In Europe and US, the same tractor, having 80 HP, would have to have DPF + SCR (Ad blue).