Dirt Moving Mahindra customer satisfaction

/ Mahindra customer satisfaction #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
I’m new to Mahindra so don’t know much about them. Mostly Fords and Massey Ferguson‘s in my past. What is the overall experience from Mahindra customers? Currently I’m looking at Kabota Mahindra in new Holland. I know Mahindra tractors are fairly heavy and built a sturdy but how was it overall reliability and dealer network? Thank you

/ Mahindra customer satisfaction #2  
I’m new to Mahindra so don’t know much about them. Mostly Fords and Massey Ferguson‘s in my past. What is the overall experience from Mahindra customers? Currently I’m looking at Kabota Mahindra in new Holland. I know Mahindra tractors are fairly heavy and built a sturdy but how was it overall reliability and dealer network? Thank you

It all depends upon the particular models, and dealers. Some models have more issues than others. Some dealers aren't top notch, some are. The same goes for all brands of tractors.

Keep doing your research on both of the above.

/ Mahindra customer satisfaction #3  
I’ll second that. Mahindra makes some of the larger models and gets chassis for some of the smaller ones. The chassis they get are from TYM and Mitsubishi. What size are you looking at?

/ Mahindra customer satisfaction #4  
I have only had my 2565 for a few months and only have 30 to 35 hours on it but so far I haven't had any problems. My only contact with the dealer has been to ask a few questions which he has answered fine.

One thing I will mention, whoever translated the manual, english wasn't their first language.

I have no regrets and am impressed with the tractor.

/ Mahindra customer satisfaction #5  
I have a 4540 that I bought last February. I am not overly impressed with the fit and finish. Some of the parts look like they were cut out with an ax. The forethought that went into placement of components, like filters, seems to be lacking also. When they talk about built in weight they ar not kidding. Everything on it is built to add weight. As an example, the almost non existent tool box is held on with two 3/4 inch (I think, havent measured them) bolts. 1/4-20 would have done the job. Many of the fasteners are VERY, MUCH TOO TIGHT. I decided it would be a good idea to retorque the lug nuts and add some anti-sieze. I had a 3/4 inch breaker bar with a 3 foot piece of pipe and my feet still came off the floor taking them loose.

The owners manual is virtually useless. Not only is there a problem in translating to English but there is very little useful information as well.

Mine is also throwing a OBD code that means something is wrong with the fuel rail. It is a proprietary code that only Mahindra dealers can read and reset so I have to take it back to the dealer (80 mile round trip).

All in all if I had to do it over again, I wouldn稚.

/ Mahindra customer satisfaction #6  
I知 new to Mahindra so don稚 know much about them. Mostly Fords and Massey Ferguson壮 in my past. What is the overall experience from Mahindra customers? Currently I知 looking at Kabota Mahindra in new Holland. I know Mahindra tractors are fairly heavy and built a sturdy but how was it overall reliability and dealer network? Thank you

We bought our 4540 last August, so far the only things we've had for problems (nothing huge) a code update and we just had a inline restrictor put in which raised the temp some.

About the only thing I've had a problem getting was extra zerts for the backhoe, our dealer finally did get some but Mahindra can make it hard on the dealer to get certain parts. So far we're very happy with the 4540.

/ Mahindra customer satisfaction #7  
I have a 2555 hst, very pleased with it, very pleased with the dealer and no issues with mahindra in general. I even talked to the regional distributor and they were helpful. During my research i did look at 4 different Mahindra dealerships..I like two of them but the third one I was not impressed with at all and would not buy anything from them, the fourth not good/not bad just not impressed. oh yeah, i have about 90 hours on it since May, just to give it some context.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra customer satisfaction
Thanks guys for the info. Sounds like they’re not perfect but still pretty decent overall. I think tomorrow I’ll have a closer look but also try out a NH model while at dealer. We need something in the 55-65hp class with loader

/ Mahindra customer satisfaction #10  
I believe LS Tractor is making the NH in that size. My local Kubota dealer also sold NH. The NH had the LS metal tag still on the chassis in the rear. Not saying good or bad- just pointing out a lot of companies are just rebranding.