Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time

/ Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time #1  

Gknupp

Tractor
Mahindra Emax 22
Tractor will not idle above 1250-1500rpms
I saw something about possible bad fuel actuator. Where would this be located on the engine, and has anyone else out there had this problem
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Also other than the dealer, where could I purchase the parts

/ Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time #2  
I think im experiencing the same issue. It suddenly started idling low (approx 1000-1100rpm) and stumbled when i opened the throttle. I tried giving more throttle and then it suddenly ran normal again. Then I finished what i was doing and shut it off. About 2hrs later I attempted to restart and it would only idle and die if i tried to give it throttle. I cracked the bleeder and there is plenty of fuel flow to the pump, and my filter is clean and not full of water. Im suspecting it is an issue with a sensor or something but so far havent been able to determine the cause. This machine is rather “smart” as it has a computer that will restrict power if it detects a problem such as coolant temp or oil pressure or overspeed, etc. Because of this, the ecm can actually limit throttle using the device that looks like fuel shutoff solenoid to prevent or minimize damage. Only problem is figuring out what the actual problem is. It was showing 4 long flashes followed by 4 short flashes on the “check engine” light. I called my dealer and he says there is no such code for those flashes, BUT i can bring it in and they can hook it up to their scanner and read codes but he said that they usually arent stored for long, and sometimes will only show codes when the problem is actually happening which is no good for someone who is experiencing an intermittent problem like me.

/ Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time #3  
Tractor will not idle above 1250-1500rpms
I saw something about possible bad fuel actuator. Where would this be located on the engine, and has anyone else out there had this problem
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Also other than the dealer, where could I purchase the parts
The actuator is located on right side of front of engine. It is a silver cylinder and it looks like the radiator fan is about to hit it. Its about $1200 from the dealer and so far i havent seen any good options for cheaper parts.

/ Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time
I think im experiencing the same issue. It suddenly started idling low (approx 1000-1100rpm) and stumbled when i opened the throttle. I tried giving more throttle and then it suddenly ran normal again. Then I finished what i was doing and shut it off. About 2hrs later I attempted to restart and it would only idle and die if i tried to give it throttle. I cracked the bleeder and there is plenty of fuel flow to the pump, and my filter is clean and not full of water. Im suspecting it is an issue with a sensor or something but so far havent been able to determine the cause. This machine is rather “smart” as it has a computer that will restrict power if it detects a problem such as coolant temp or oil pressure or overspeed, etc. Because of this, the ecm can actually limit throttle using the device that looks like fuel shutoff solenoid to prevent or minimize damage. Only problem is figuring out what the actual problem is. It was showing 4 long flashes followed by 4 short flashes on the “check engine” light. I called my dealer and he says there is no such code for those flashes, BUT i can bring it in and they can hook it up to their scanner and read codes but he said that they usually arent stored for long, and sometimes will only show codes when the problem is actually happening which is no good for someone who is experiencing an intermittent problem like me.
I am also getting the same number of flashing lights on the dash of my tractor also. Amazing how there is no code like that supposedly. I still have not been able to track down, and when I ask the dealer if he can order me a fuel actuator, he never gives me a answer. Will never buy Mahindra again. To hard to get answer's and parts.

The actuator is located on right side of front of engine. It is a silver cylinder and it looks like the radiator fan is about to hit it. Its about $1200 from the dealer and so far i havent seen any good options for cheaper parts.
The actuator is 1200 dollars alone, or do you have to buy the whole fuel pump with this on it?

/ Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time #6  
   / Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time #7  
So the issue kept happening and i was out of resources so I brought it in to my dealer. As it turns out, he was looking at a newer manual that did not show the code, but when he looked at an older one there was a code 44 which i forget exactly what he said, but was something with actuator position... I unloaded the machine and was even able to get it to do its thing for the dealer so as soon as he can get me in, he will look at it and figure it out... hopefully... Im kinda leaning towards my issue NOT being the actuator because when you pull the connectors on it, the machine will either die immediately or will attempt to modulate throttle and then die which in my mind says that the actuator is working and is only acting on commands from the ecu/other sensors or possibly a wiring short somewhere. And I agree that this will probably be my last mahindra because there are so few of them and there is limited parts resources and even my dealer admits that their service information is spotty at best.

As for those looking to replace the actuator, it is NOT a common item like those found on deeres or kubotas. This one is much more complicated because it has variable positions which allow it to control fuel flow and thereby can idle down the engine in event of an issue. I believe this may also be how they limit smog/smoke emmissions by not allowing abrubt throttle changes. Either way, i havent found any aftermarket actuators, and it looks like $1200-1300 is going rate for a replacement assuming you can be sure that is actually your problem.

/ Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time #8  
The actuator is 1200 dollars alone, or do you have to buy the whole fuel pump with this on it?
That price is JUST for the actuator.. unfortunately the price is somewhat justified because it is much more than just an on/off solenoid.

So the issue kept happening and i was out of resources so I brought it in to my dealer. As it turns out, he was looking at a newer manual that did not show the code, but when he looked at an older one there was a code 44 which i forget exactly what he said, but was something with actuator position... I unloaded the machine and was even able to get it to do its thing for the dealer so as soon as he can get me in, he will look at it and figure it out... hopefully... Im kinda leaning towards my issue NOT being the actuator because when you pull the connectors on it, the machine will either die immediately or will attempt to modulate throttle and then die which in my mind says that the actuator is working and is only acting on commands from the ecu/other sensors or possibly a wiring short somewhere. And I agree that this will probably be my last mahindra because there are so few of them and there is limited parts resources and even my dealer admits that their service information is spotty at best.

As for those looking to replace the actuator, it is NOT a common item like those found on deeres or kubotas. This one is much more complicated because it has variable positions which allow it to control fuel flow and thereby can idle down the engine in event of an issue. I believe this may also be how they limit smog/smoke emmissions by not allowing abrubt throttle changes. Either way, i havent found any aftermarket actuators, and it looks like $1200-1300 is going rate for a replacement assuming you can be sure that is actually your problem.
Please let me know what you find out once the dealer is able to get your tractor in and find out what the issue is. My next step is to take mine to the dealer also, but going to be a week or two before I get to them. Hopefully it won't be the fuel actuator. Thanks.

/ Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time #10  
Please let me know what you find out once the dealer is able to get your tractor in and find out what the issue is. My next step is to take mine to the dealer also, but going to be a week or two before I get to them. Hopefully it won't be the fuel actuator. Thanks.
Will do. They probably wont have chance to look at it until next week sometime