Comparison Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25 #21  
The discussion of where things are made can get complicated. I would suspect most of a Kubota BX is manufactured in Japan, even if a great deal of final assembly is in the USA. The Max or eMax tractors come in from overseas in crates mostly assembled, but final assembly is in the USA. But I think it would be misleading at best to say they are built in the USA.

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25 #22  
The discussion of where things are made can get complicated. I would suspect most of a Kubota BX is manufactured in Japan, even if a great deal of final assembly is in the USA. The Max or eMax tractors come in from overseas in crates mostly assembled, but final assembly is in the USA. But I think it would be misleading at best to say they are built in the USA.

Same with Mahindra...manufactured in India, Japan, China, Korea, assembled in several USA plants.

What defines 'made'? Where the parts are made, or where the parts are assembled?

Auto mfrs seem to think that it's where it's assembled, as the majority of American assembled cars/trucks are made with a majority of 'world sourced' parts.

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25
Speaking of auto mfgs, did anyone notice Cadillac is closing its mexico plant that builds the SRX. It will be made in Tennessee now. That is great for America. We need good jobs. Mahindra may be an overseas company, but they have a passion for America. They setup a headquarters in Houston TX in the early 1990's and have 4 different assembly facilities in the USA. One in Chattanooga just expanded and more than doubled the amount of workers . They employ tons of folks in the US, not only at the 4 (not 1) assembly and manufacturing facilities but also at the Houston Headquarters. Mahindra dealers are popping up all over America as well and folks like me enjoy employment with such great Manufacturer support. I've been approached by reps from several other manufacturers and every time I get the feeling they want me to beg to become a dealer for their product, but with Mahindra, they show how much they appreciate their dealers every chance they get. With a name like MahindraDon, I had to chime in and say thanks to Mahindra for all they do in the USA.

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25 #24  
Dunno, but TYM makes a bunch of the bigger ones for them. Maybe they are making this one too.

Of the 2 that were compared, I sure wouldn't want the Korean one.

Notice the puff of black smoke out of the Tier 4 engine?

It appears they both puffed the same amount and color of smoke on start up.

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25 #25  
24 all day long

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25 #26  
I wonder what causes the little Mahindra motors to puff smoke on start??
It must be smething regarding how they initially fuel, no big deal, but I chuckle that even my +30 year old Kubota never smoked on start.
I've been around many a deisel that start with minimum smoke.

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25 #27  
... They setup a headquarters in Houston TX in the early 1990's and have 4 different assembly facilities in the USA. One in Chattanooga just expanded and more than doubled the amount of workers . They employ tons of folks in the US, not only at the 4 (not 1) assembly and manufacturing facilities but also at the Houston Headquarters.

It's been 5 assembly centers for a couple of years now. Houston, Chatt, PA, Midwest, and West. Midwest was the last to come on board in Kansas.

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25 #28  
My eMax 22 engine (and I presume for the 25 too) was made by Daedong in Korea who makes the Kioti brand for the U.S. It does puff some black smoke at cold start up, but that's the ONLY smoke I ever see from it. Well satisfied with the tractor and loader. My dealer (Specialty Tractor in Lancaster, Ohio) says he is moving a lot of Mahindras these days.

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25 #29  
Re: Smoke on star-up.

My eMax 22 engine (and I presume for the 25 too) was made by Daedong in Korea who makes the Kioti brand for the U.S. It does puff some black smoke at cold start up, but that's the ONLY smoke I ever see from it. Well satisfied with the tractor and loader. My dealer (Specialty Tractor in Lancaster, Ohio) says he is moving a lot of Mahindras these days.

Just an observation on 2013 Max28.

If just crank without warm up it may or may not start instantly, if at all, but when it does start, no smoke.

If I let it start to warm but Glow plug lite is still on, it smokes a real lot.

If I wait till glow plug light goes out, Smoke some, usually not to bad.

Maybe they should talk to the engineers at VW?