Mahindra mpower 85 and U-Joint issues

/ Mahindra mpower 85 and U-Joint issues #1  

FarmGirl55

Tractor
Mahindra mpower 85
I have a Mahindra mpower 85 and the U-Joints have gone out of it 3 times. They went out last June at 595 total hours on the tractor and they are out again with just 707 total hours on it. They went out again at the 707 and it hadn't even been a year and only a little over 100 hours of use. I am trying to find out if anyone else has had this problem as I am confident it isn't just the U-Joints that something else is causing the problem. I have also learned that this tractor has a Planetary Gear Set and if it isn't lined up properly this could be the problem. Been on the phone with another dealer and they can do nothing unless I want to foot the entire bill. I tried calling Mahindra in Houston and they are telling me to call the dealer as they have Techs there that can talk to them about my issue. I called the dealer I purchased the tractor from and am waiting to hear back from them. Hoping someone here may have some input. Need Help as right now I am not real happy with Mahindra.

/ Mahindra mpower 85 and U-Joint issues #2  
I have a Mahindra mpower 85 and the U-Joints have gone out of it 3 times. They went out last June at 595 total hours on the tractor and they are out again with just 707 total hours on it. They went out again at the 707 and it hadn't even been a year and only a little over 100 hours of use. I am trying to find out if anyone else has had this problem as I am confident it isn't just the U-Joints that something else is causing the problem. I have also learned that this tractor has a Planetary Gear Set and if it isn't lined up properly this could be the problem. Been on the phone with another dealer and they can do nothing unless I want to foot the entire bill. I tried calling Mahindra in Houston and they are telling me to call the dealer as they have Techs there that can talk to them about my issue. I called the dealer I purchased the tractor from and am waiting to hear back from them. Hoping someone here may have some input. Need Help as right now I am not real happy with Mahindra.
Never worked on a Mpower85 but my first thought is the shafts need phased. By that I mean having the u-joints in a straight line.
Sent a picture if you need it.
Would like to hear if this fixes it.

Attachments

• phasing.jpg
    phasing.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 84
   / Mahindra mpower 85 and U-Joint issues
Understand the pictures however its not in the drive shaft its in the front axle, 4 wheel drive and it has planetaries. I really appreciate you trying to help me out. I may not have worded my first question with enough info. Please let me know should anyone respond to you with an outcome for my problem.

/ Mahindra mpower 85 and U-Joint issues #4  
Are you loosing the same one all the time and if so which one?

The last time it was in for repair they said there was play on both sides. We need to figure out why they keep going out. All we have been able to deduce is the planetary may be out of line causing the issue. Your thoughts?

/ Mahindra mpower 85 and U-Joint issues #6  
Didn't get an answer, are you loosing them on both sides or just one???
You might mark each tire with a paint pen and see if driven a given distance that the marks alignment are the same.
Or just raise the front and rotate the tires.

Didn't get an answer, are you loosing them on both sides or just one???
You might mark each tire with a paint pen and see if driven a given distance that the marks alignment are the same.
Or just raise the front and rotate the tires.
Sorry I did reply put not directly to you. Both sides are the issue and it is not in the drive shaft, 4 wheel drive and it has planetaries. I will let my husband know to mark the tires and see if the marks align. Thanks for trying to assist me as Mahindra is not willing to do anything. They have been replaced twice know and in just over 100 hours they are out again.

/ Mahindra mpower 85 and U-Joint issues #8  
Did you replace the front tires and did you maintain the correct 'lead-lag' ratio?

Changing fronts and not getting the correct OD tires to match the rears can upset the lead-lag ratio and cause mechanical issues.

/ Mahindra mpower 85 and U-Joint issues #9  
From what I see you have two per side with CV joint between them.
Also do both the CV and ujoints have grease fitting?

Also is driving being done on hard surface or always in 4 wheel drive?

Phasing is the process of aligning the universal joint yokes on both ends of the drive shaft (or double u-joint)in a parallel fashion. If the joints are not properly phased, they will operate at varying speeds throughout each revolution which can cause second-order vibrations. The vibration can lead to increased wear and potential damage to the assembly and failure.

From what I see you have two per side with CV joint between them.
Also do both the CV and ujoints have grease fitting?

Also is driving being done on hard surface or always in 4 wheel drive?

Phasing is the process of aligning the universal joint yokes on both ends of the drive shaft (or double u-joint)in a parallel fashion. If the joints are not properly phased, they will operate at varying speeds throughout each revolution which can cause second-order vibrations. The vibration can lead to increased wear and potential damage to the assembly and failure.
They do not have grease fittings. He will check out all of the info you have given and see what he can do. Thanks for all your time and assistance.