Mahindra Pricing??

/ Mahindra Pricing?? #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
I've been considering a Kubota Grand L 3940 and met someone this weekend with a Mahindra who spoke highly of the brand. But I've been on their websites and can't seem to find a pricing tool to compare models. Do they have one or do you have to call the dealer for all pricing? I'm trying to compare something close to the Grand L 3940. Does Mahindra have a model in this size with the telescoping arms like the Kubota?
Thanks

/ Mahindra Pricing?? #2  
You might take a look at the 35 series Mahindras. Pretty nice machines and probably the closest to the Grand Ls that you will get from Mahindra. Yes they have the extendable ends on the draft links. You might be able to move up a size if you wanted and still be around the Kubota price. Just something to check on if you had a reason to go bigger.

/ Mahindra Pricing?? #3  
I have a 4035. Paid around $23,000 for it. I looked at the JD, Kubota and Kiota. I sold a JD 240 skidloader with two hundred hours to purchase it. I have 337 acres and an outside woodburner and just found the skidloader not all that useful. I also live next to a river and use the tractor to put my dock and boats in. I could not be happier with the tractor. It is balanced very well and plenty of front bucket hydraulics. I have a tooth bar for it also that stays on most of the time. It is much more useful than the skidloader

/ Mahindra Pricing??
How will the Mahindra be for parts availability? I've seen some folks say it takes 4-6 weeks for parts. Is that an issue to be concerned about?
Thanks

/ Mahindra Pricing?? #5  
How will the Mahindra be for parts availability? I've seen some folks say it takes 4-6 weeks for parts. Is that an issue to be concerned about?
Thanks

I think that some of that is the dealer. I believe that just about any part is available in 3 days if YOU want to pay the shipping. I was just talking to my local John Deere dealer about how long it would take to get some parts that I might need. He said 2-3 weeks unless I wanted to pay for expedited shipping. So even the almighty JD takes some time to get parts. I have 2 Mahindra's, and have needed to get a couple of parts that my dealer did not have. I have never waited even 2 weeks for anything.

I would not let the parts time be a concern unless I was using the tractor to make my living, then it is a HUGE concern.

Good luck

/ Mahindra Pricing?? #6  
I have two dealers within 40 miles. Hopefully they will have what I need when the time comes.

/ Mahindra Pricing?? #7  
99% of the parts I put on a standard order, I recieve within a week. This is my experience over 9.5 years as a dealer.

/ Mahindra Pricing??
Could you share the main differences in the 35 series and the Grand L series? thanks

/ Mahindra Pricing?? #9  
I was shopping the Kubota 3940 Grand L, Mahindra and a couple of other brands. Went with the Mahindra 4035 - it was several thousand cheaper than the 3940 for the setup I wanted, has the extendable rear linkage, and a couple of other features the Kubota did not.

As for parts, my dealer said he can get them overnighted if needed.

8 days into owning the tractor, blew a hydraulic line due to some bolts not getting tightened in assembly at Texas plant - the salesman pulled the line from another tractor he had on the lot, drove 175 miles to my place on a Saturday, and installed it, NO CHARGE. He was at my place at 8 a.m. and gone before 9:30 a.m. Now that's service!

I'm very big on customer service and in talking with local Kubota dealers I left with the feeling like they thought they were doing me a favor by selling me a tractor. Only got that impression from one Mahindra dealer I dealt with, unfortunately he's the local guy. John Deere dealers were VERY helpful, but couldn't match the Mahindra prices and tractors had a lot of plastic on them and couldn't compare with weight.

/ Mahindra Pricing??
Can you tell me the other features it has that Kubota does not? I'm trying to understnad what I'll be getting and what I'll be giving up if I choose the 4035 over the 3940. I may post this question separtately to get more feedback.
Thanks for your help.