Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One?

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #61  
Yes. When he gets “top poster of the month” it’s because he trolls every thread and makes genius commentaries. Not even worth my time to reply because he obviously has an axe to grind or needs a life
Reminded me of this. At 51 years old I could give two squats what people think about me or how I live.

Attachments

• you.png
    you.png
    424.6 KB · Views: 117
   / Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #62  
Mike69440,

Yes, the Kubota M59 is a real work horse with lots of room for expansion, implement wise, and is an overall very rugged machine. I looked into replacement cost to understand what my risk was if machine was stolen ( insurable amount) or severely damaged. M59 are only available used and at a premium and two months ago I priced a new M62 ( M59 replacement ) at dealer. No M62's available until 1 year after order placed and $95,000. OUCH!!

Based upon your response, it appears you may have misunderstood my previous scribe. I was not comparing the Kubota M59 TLB to the Mahindra Max 24 TLB. I indicated I own both and have used both for many years and was comparing the build quality of each brand based on my experience with the two machines. The Mahindra is clearly a very aggressively priced machine to gain market share and it shows in so many ways in its lesser build quality and choice of lower quality components and lesser protection for its components.
I would not let my L39 go for less than $40,000. There is nothing that could replace it.
Kubota M62 might as well be $100K like some of the F350's you need to tow one. No more middle class in America.
For that money a true construction TLB is available, however the yellow ones may be stronger, but on soft ground and in tight spaces are totally useless. I like these: MECALAC, Excavators, Loaders, Backhoe Loaders, Dumpers and Compaction rollers
For that money, you would think Caterpillar, Yanmar, or Deere, Mahindra even would make a small commercial TLB machine again. Just keep the weight at under 10,000 Lbs, install big tires and a 3 Pt Hitch at $50K to $60K.

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One?
I would not let my L39 go for less than $40,000. There is nothing that could replace it.
Kubota M62 might as well be $100K like some of the F350's you need to tow one. No more middle class in America.
For that money a true construction TLB is available, however the yellow ones may be stronger, but on soft ground and in tight spaces are totally useless. I like these: MECALAC, Excavators, Loaders, Backhoe Loaders, Dumpers and Compaction rollers
For that money, you would think Caterpillar, Yanmar, or Deere, Mahindra even would make a small commercial TLB machine again. Just keep the weight at under 10,000 Lbs, install big tires and a 3 Pt Hitch at $50K to $60K.
You hit the nail right on the hammer my friend. I used to think I was comfortably middle class, but I don’t think so anymore. $800 to fill your oil barrel,$400 to fill your shopping cart and $80-$100 to fill your truck spoils your income really fast 😕

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #65  
You hit the nail right on the hammer my friend. I used to think I was comfortably middle class, but I don’t think so anymore. $800 to fill your oil barrel,$400 to fill your shopping cart and $80-$100 to fill your truck spoils your income really fast 😕
Everything is crazy. I priced some 4 inch structural steel tubing a few days ago. In 13 months its went from $9.50 a foot to $22 a foot. Not a big deal if you need a foot, but when you need 175 feet.. You get the picture.

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #66  
Ledgemere Farm,

Just watched your video "5 things I hate about Mahindra" and saw your Max 26 with steel lines. What year is the Max 26?

I will post a pic of the Mahindra love for hydraulic hose on the Max 24 next time I am visit property where it currently resides, probably mid Sept.
Ledgemere Farm,

Here is pic of Mahindra's love of hydraulic hose on Max24. No hydraulic tubing anywhere on the machine.

Looks like you got the expensive model. ;)

Attachments

• Hoses everywhere.jpg
    Hoses everywhere.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 115
   / Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #67  
Ledgemere Farm,

Here is pic of Mahindra's love of hydraulic hose on Max24. No hydraulic tubing anywhere on the machine.

Looks like you got the expensive model. ;)
My Kubota has 33 of those lines and my neighbors friends grandpas farmer friend has those on his Cat D11. Mahindra can't mine asteroids so good luck planting corn.

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #68  
I cannot say the Mahindra is better or worse than other tractors I have owned or operated but a recent part problem causes me concerns. My 4510 was in the shop just one week shy of 9 months. Most parts came in but they were unable to complete the job awaiting one part. Got it back today.
I have heard of other brands having severe shortages and delays also.

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #69  
The biggest selling point for me on the mahindra was no dpf. I also like the dealer. My 3650 pst has 350 hours on it now and still no issues.

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #70  
Gee. Good for your Kubota. With deductive reasoning like a normal person, I am assuming there is possibly, a loader that does not use those steel lines? Instead uses hydraulic rated rubber lines?

Attachments

• tractorbynet_ignore_5030.jpg
    tractorbynet_ignore_5030.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 85