Mahindra Tractors, thoughts

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #21  
Im going to have to ask the moderator to move this to the Cub forum at this point :D. Messicks, you run synthetic oil and premium gas in that bad boy?:D

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #22  
Just to fill in some blanks, John Deere, New Holland, Case IH, Massey Fergusen, the former Long Farm Trac, and of coarse Mahindra market some tractors buildt in India.

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #23  
Alright I been holdin back on this one, but here goes.
I have three Mahindra tractors one is a true Mahindra like Bob Gs (6000 4x4), one is a Mitsubishi made (3316 HST), and the other is a TYM made (7010 cab).
The Mahindra made tractors are good solid tractors. Most don't have the frills or the price of the big 3. My opinion great value.
The Mitsubishi made tractors are great. I'm truly amazed at what a workhorse this little thing is. I love it! I also love that for the same price as the Deere I looked at in this hp range I got the backhoe with it too.
The TYM made tractors do leave a little to be desired in my opinion. I geuss I just don't feel they are a solidly built as the Mahindra made utility tractors. I have not had major issues with mine, but I think if you want a utility tractor the TYM made Mahindras are not the way to go.
Would I buy another? Sure I would! Just waiting on that 7010 to be paid off and I'll be shopping. You guys at mahindra better get that 8560 cab ready!

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #24  
Joel, do you feel that your 6000 is any less of a tractor than your 3316? Just wondering with the more basic type of tractor,(6000) how you thought that it stacked up against your 3316? My 7520 is every bit as good if not better in every way than my 3215. I have not looked all that close at the other models that Mahindra has other than to sit on them and give the controls a good look over as far as placement and that type of thing.

One of the other things that I have noticed on all makes-brands is that they are just like cars-trucks, they are not all assembled exactly the same, just because they came off the same assembly line does not indicate that they are the same exact tractor. Each one is assembled by humans and each one is just a bit different than the next one in line.

Just my opinions, others will vary.

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #25  
Joel, do you feel that your 6000 is any less of a tractor than your 3316? Just wondering with the more basic type of tractor,(6000) how you thought that it stacked up against your 3316? My 7520 is every bit as good if not better in every way than my 3215. I have not looked all that close at the other models that Mahindra has other than to sit on them and give the controls a good look over as far as placement and that type of thing.

One of the other things that I have noticed on all makes-brands is that they are just like cars-trucks, they are not all assembled exactly the same, just because they came off the same assembly line does not indicate that they are the same exact tractor. Each one is assembled by humans and each one is just a bit different than the next one in line.

Just my opinions, others will vary.

I don't think the 6000 is any less of a tractor. Just a different type. Bought each one to do a little different task. For each task I have to say the 3316 just fit the bill better. That's not really fair because for a few years the 6000 was my only tractor and had to do all tasks. I've only been disappointed in the 7010. Only a little disappointed there. For the task I bought that tractor for I should have gotten bigger. Maybe not in hp, but in size/frame. The 7010 is a big compact not a utility tractor. Has it's good points, but also it's bad.

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #26  
I note that you are a Kubota dealer, but not a Mahindra dealer...so now...name those dealers or say you're sorry. Also define "far better"....Pls don't expect to make such statements and get away scott free. BobG in VA

I've operated, but not actually owned, several Mahindra tractors that were made in India. I was very impressed with them. Although relatively 80's technology, they were very strong and durable tractors. I'm completely the opposite with the Mitsubishi part though. I've had 4 Mitsubishi made products and they've all been crap. One Mitsu vehicle, junk, and three forklifts that were Mitsubishi powered. I still have one of the forklifts and, with 1800 hours on it, it's on it's 3rd Mitsubishi engine. :mad: I unloaded the other two with bad engines and took a beating on them. Call me different, but I love the Mahindra & Mahindra made products but wouldn't give spit for anything Mitsubishi based on my personal experience with them.

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #27  
Dargo what brand forklifts did/do you have? At work we have 2 Cat forklifts with Mitsubishi motors - I cant remember model #'s but one is an 06' 11k capacity, the other is a 07' 33K capacity. The big one has been a joke for reliability. I dont mean to change the subject on the post, just curious on your experience.
Thanks

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #28  
Dargo what brand forklifts did/do you have? At work we have 2 Cat forklifts with Mitsubishi motors - I cant remember model #'s but one is an 06' 11k capacity, the other is a 07' 33K capacity. The big one has been a joke for reliability. I dont mean to change the subject on the post, just curious on your experience.
Thanks

I don't recall the specific model numbers, but all the Mitsu powered forklifts were/are Clark machines. The one I have left is a Clark CGP30 (I think, I repainted it and haven't put the decals on it yet) with the Mitsu 4G64 engine. It's still running for now (fingers crossed).

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #29  
it's an aging thread, but i'll throw in my $.02. i've had a mahindra 3510 4wd w/ FEL for a little over 2 years and it's been a phenomenal tractor. i brush hog anywhere from 5-9 acres (5' brush hog), been digging my pond deeper, building berms for a shooting range, maintaining our 700' driveway, moving hay large and small bales, dragging large trees to the front of the property to cut for firewood, and bunch of other stuff that slips my mind right now. i've never had a problem w/ it. it sits outside in the weather and has always started, even when it was 6f (which is cold for here). the hail did a number on the seat, but that's hardly mahindra's fault it also buggered up my truck, our roof, and siding.

my only complaints are that the head lights are woefully inadequate, the seat springs are too soft (i may need to lose some weight), and the big ol' battery covers 1/3 of the radiator.

my neighbor owns a 55 series mahindra 2wd and he loves it and to my knowledge he's never had a problem w/ it either.

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #30  
After reading all of the comments here it makes me feel good. We recently took on the Mahindra line to add to our product offerings. That being said, we have not put one into a customers hands yet but we also have 11% unemployment in our corner of the world. We are confident that when the economy turns the corner that we made the right choice to represent Mahindra.

RB