Mahindras?

/ Mahindras? #1  

paintedhorse

Tractor
intl 385
What's the general consensus on Mahindras? I have an old 29 year old 35 horse power tractor that's giving me headaches, so I might be looking for a newer one soon. I normally only run it during the Summer months for mowing about ten acres, and rarely for discing a small garden. The Mahindra 4525 or 5525 seem to be about the right size. I have no experience with this make, but we do have a dealer in my area so I should be able to get service if needed. Thanks.

/ Mahindras? #2  
I'm retiring my 60 year old Ferguson in favor of a Mahindra. I've been studying all brands for about 2 months and buck for buck I feel Mahindra beats them all.

They didn't get to be the largest selling tractor company in the world and number 3 in the USA by being junk.

Check them out, I think you'll be surprized by what you see.

/ Mahindras? #3  
I know of one poster here that has a 5525 Mahindra and it's a very nice tractor. Hopefully he will see this and reply. I don't have a Mahindra dealer anywhere near me that I'm aware of or else I'd check them out. It's Deere, Kubota, Case NH around me.

/ Mahindras? #4  
There is a Mahindra specific section of the Forums. I have about 70 hours on my Max25 and haven't had a problem yet.

/ Mahindras? #5  
I looked at every color of tractor out there and chose Mahindra. No regrets.

/ Mahindras? #6  
I looked at every color of tractor out there and chose Mahindra. No regrets.

+1 <<< nothing at all more to say but there is a STUPID 5 character minimum... :)

/ Mahindras? #7  
Paintedhorse,
Is the dealer well respected? A Mahindra is worth it's weight in gold if you have good dealer support. I would buy Mahindra again. I have over 800 hours on mine.
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindras? #8  
I bought my 2008 Mahindra 5525 new. Has the ML250 FEL (6-ft wide bucket, 2950 lb lift to 10.5 ft height). Dealer installed triple rear hydraulic remotes (his design, $700) and a skid steer quick attach. Total cost: ~$19K.

No problems. Just do the normal scheduled maintenance. Some people don't like simple gear trannies like the 5525 has, but I'm not one of them. The 5525 is a nice, simple, heavy, powerful beast.

I had a hydrostatic tractor before (a little Kubota B7510HST) and I don't miss it at all.

Good luck

/ Mahindras? #9  
My Friend has a big 65 hp Mahindra , He has had 2 injection pumps go out. The fix was adding a lift pump and make up some nice hydraulic line fuel lines for it and after that it has been great. Dealers are not all over the place in NY, the closest dealer is over 2 hrs away. The service manual is not very good. I know some mobile ag tractor mechanics that will not work on then because of these issues.. But Tractor has Lots of power.. the big 3 cyl does vibrate some more then a 4cyl in other brands I've used.. and the air filter clips like to break. I have more experience with smaller john deeres in the 40 hp range. The fit and finish is not as nice as a Deere but all say its is a lot of tractor for the $.
Thanks,
Deo

/ Mahindras? #10  
My closest tractor dealer is Mahindra and I looked very hard at em a few years ago. But Kubota has been very good to me since 1984. So I bought orange again. No regrets at all!