Maiden pull with my new to me trailer

/ Maiden pull with my new to me trailer
Keith, don't worry about the pulley belt drive, its the rear pto directly to the left of your hanging right foot that will get you, notice there are no foot rest on these! The seat is about 2 feet BEHIND the rear axle. Both feet just dangle!
1001085.jpg

She is truly a chunk of iron, the rear wheel disc are over two inches thick, the fronts are over three. It's hard to judge on the trailer, but the rear tires and radiator cap are about 5" over my head. If this girl isn't bad enough, on down the road a few years they produced a 4WD version at over 10,000 lbs!

/ Maiden pull with my new to me trailer #12  
Keith, don't worry about the pulley belt drive, its the rear pto directly to the left of your hanging right foot that will get you, notice there are no foot rest on these! The seat is about 2 feet BEHIND the rear axle. Both feet just dangle!
1001085.jpg

She is truly a chunk of iron, the rear wheel disc are over two inches thick, the fronts are over three. It's hard to judge on the trailer, but the rear tires and radiator cap are about 5" over my head. If this girl isn't bad enough, on down the road a few years they produced a 4WD version at over 10,000 lbs!

Love those bull gears on the rear axle. My MM BF tractor has a similar setup.

DSCF0202 (Small).JPG

/ Maiden pull with my new to me trailer #13  
I guess that's how they built them so they wouldn't break before the days for Finite Element Analysis...they probably used 100# parts to do what a 10# part would achieve today.

Of course, we would have REPLACED 3 of the 10# parts and that 100# part would still be ticking for our grandchildren's grandchildren.

Truly, they don't make them like they used to. 'Course in 50 years, that whole thing will be made from carbon fiber and weigh 1,287#...half of which is the operator...