Major differences in the Massey Ferguson 47xx and various 57xx series tractors?

/ Major differences in the Massey Ferguson 47xx and various 57xx series tractors? #1  

Sid Post

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 5711D, Kubota L4600, Kubota B2601
I'm looking for a new tractor in the 70hp~100hp range. I am not PTO HP limited, I am ground engagement and loader limited. I grew up on John Deere and I'm currently surrounded by a single source John Deere dealer network and one big tractor Kubota dealership with several more within a reasonable driving range.

I want to stay away from John Deere monopolistic service issues and relatively high prices. Plus, a single dealer network with dubious monopolistic practices and lack of any competition is concerning. My experience with Kubota is mixed but, in general they seem to be too light for Hp and don't work well for grand engagement tasks and are a bit light in 3pt and loader capacities.

This brings me to Massey Ferguson. I have never owned one nor spent significant time on one so, it is an open question. My only long term MF experience was with a big combine and its Perkins powerplant. Back in the day (high school age), that Perkins motor produced very good power and would run all day on the fuel our John Deere spilled while fueling (not really but, same Hp fuel use differences were significant).

I'm thinking open station 4 wheel drive with a big lift loader. My current land situation is very sloped and uneven in general and pretty sandy and often wet is some areas. Requirements are enough weight and stability to mount and power big heavy rotary mowers and lifting 3~4,000 pound loads. I run big tiller and a big round baler some. Ground engagement is more limited regarding discs, etc. but, again I want enough tractor weight to work there too.

With a nominal 3,000 pound loader lift and heavy 8' rotary mower requirement, how much difference is there in a MF 47xx vs MF 57xx?

What are the main factors and reasons to move up from a 47xx to a 57xx?

In the 57xx tractors, what are the main differences between the sub-series?

TIA,
Sid

/ Major differences in the Massey Ferguson 47xx and various 57xx series tractors? #2  
Look up van berg implements on YouTube he has a video that deals exactly with this.

/ Major differences in the Massey Ferguson 47xx and various 57xx series tractors? #3  
3 cyl vs 4 cyl and hydraulic capacity are the big items. Get the FL series loader instead of the 900X loader.