Making a towable backhoe truly towable.

/ Making a towable backhoe truly towable.
I'll be watching for updates from you.I'm still a few months away from purchasing though so unfortunately I can't take advantage of this deal.....at least now.

/ Making a towable backhoe truly towable. #22  
I'll be watching for updates from you.I'm still a few months away from purchasing though so unfortunately I can't take advantage of this deal.....at least now.

I never thought I would see a 15% off everything no exclusions sale, normally about once or twice a year you see the trencher for 2699.00 so when I seen this I had to jump on it or else I might of bought something I really didn’t need but fortunately this add came up on my email so I jumped on it but the only bad thing is I will not have any warranty when it gets time to use it, I really do not see any issues coming up with this unit being it has a good track record form reading and watching what is out there.

Yes I am excited for it to get here, I was just out in my shop/garage making sure I had enough room to put it together and I do but it will be tight. I will take pics as I assemble it and post them somewhere on here.

/ Making a towable backhoe truly towable. #23  
I’ve been wanting a US general 44” tool cabinet. When is this 15 percent off sale?

/ Making a towable backhoe truly towable. #25  

I brought up my old thread...Not another HFBH in Owning/Operating section.....and I will be putting all my trencher stuff on there so it does not step on other members starter threads.

/ Making a towable backhoe truly towable. #26  
I have a harbor freight one. buddy gave it to me. it's old. I had to replace the motor on it. they changed the pump housing so I had to order one, took 5 months to get here! I figure this thing is 15 years old. it's slow, but beats a shovel in every way! I trailer it if it has to leave the yard.

/ Making a towable backhoe truly towable. #27  
I will use mine for awhile and then I might upgrade to a 13hp motor and order a bigger pump locally, the 13 hp motor has electric start and goes on sale once in awhile for around 300.00 and then all you need to do is grind/oblong the 4 holes on the pump housing to fit the bigger motor, think each hole needs to be about a 1/8th inch longer on the housing that the pump mounts to.
Here is the motor.
12222545-BDF3-4FEF-8DC4-FF88DF927B04.png

And here is the high flow pump so you can use two controls at the same time and speeds the hoe up a bit.
56A96284-404E-451F-A26A-6F8D06268200.png

/ Making a towable backhoe truly towable. #28  
I got my "trencher" in 2010. The following winter we had a particularly heavy (for us) snow. With the Cub Cadet I always try to plow the snow down slope past the sidewalk between the house and pole building. I had a pretty good pile that froze down. I couldn't move it any further with the Cub and more snow was forecast. I did not yet have my New Holland with loader. But Hey!! I did have a backhoe. And I certainly needed practice! I had some fun breaking up the frozen snow pile and pushing/leveling out that pile of snow.:laughing:
BH-snow-1.JPGBH-snow-3.JPGBH-snow-5.JPG

/ Making a towable backhoe truly towable. #29  
if you want to get better with the hoe, practice just running the bucket just over the grass or snow, keeping the bucket teeth level to the ground. do this all the way extended out to fully retracted. good experience.

/ Making a towable backhoe truly towable. #30  
I need to admit but now that I have my HF Trencher put together and just sitting in the shop I might take and hook it up to the Ranger and take it out and move some snow for practice and to put some hours on the unit.