Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer??

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #22  
Just looks like another energy storage process, which means it will be expensive and require a large source of clean energy to drive the process.

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #25  

“Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”​

― Albert Einstein
I don't know if Einstein actually said this, but if he did, it has to be taken either with the limitations of classical thermodynamics or you have to consider all matter as energy.

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #26  
I don't know if Einstein actually said this, but if he did, it has to be taken either with the limitations of classical thermodynamics or you have to consider all matter as energy.
It is the 1st law of thermodynamics indeed, we had it in prep school of engineering.

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #28  
Yes, Einstein did say that, and falls under the umbrella of the "law of conservation of energy". I am just waiting for all the happy talkers of clean and green energy to realize there is no such thing.

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #29  
The limitation on Einsteins statement is that in classical thermodynamics, mass and energy are separately conserved and that works fine until you have a nuclear reaction, where mass is converted to energy. (The opposite, where is energy is converted to mass, should be theoretically possible, but that theory hasn't been developed yet. It will stay in Science Fiction for the time being.)

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #30  
He lost my interest when it turned political. Sounds like it is very expensive to produce and likely not able to complete in a free market. So they need government regulations to give them a shot. No thanks.
Ah, come on man, It's just one more law/regulation!