Manual tree pole pruner, what's the trick?

/ Manual tree pole pruner, what's the trick? #51  
Approximately sixty years ago, a right of way crew came through the yard and before my elders snatched me away from the great event, I got a glimpse of a worker using the shear on the end of a pole to nibble away at a large branch and cut it. The closest thing I was able to find to that pole pruner should appear at the following link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09G9TTH5..._product_details#immersive-view_1652926294760
I recently bought that pruner and the problem I'm having is that on the first bite the blade gets caught in the branch and it takes a great amount of manuvering to get it out and take another bite. i've already broken the rope once, trying to cut straight through a large branch. The saw works , but I'd like to lean to use the the nibbling technique with the shear.

If anyone knows the trick to nibbling through a limb with a rope operated pole pruner, please let me know.
Oil the joint well and make sure that the bolt that holds the pivoting cutter is not too tight.

/ Manual tree pole pruner, what's the trick? #52  
Approximately sixty years ago, a right of way crew came through the yard and before my elders snatched me away from the great event, I got a glimpse of a worker using the shear on the end of a pole to nibble away at a large branch and cut it. The closest thing I was able to find to that pole pruner should appear at the following link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09G9TTH5..._product_details#immersive-view_1652926294760
I recently bought that pruner and the problem I'm having is that on the first bite the blade gets caught in the branch and it takes a great amount of manuvering to get it out and take another bite. i've already broken the rope once, trying to cut straight through a large branch. The saw works , but I'd like to lean to use the the nibbling technique with the shear.

If anyone knows the trick to nibbling through a limb with a rope operated pole pruner, please let me know.
I have the 14' Corona manual Tree Pruner and it works fine for "live" tree pruning and can shear a limb up to about 1 1/2" before it starts to get difficult. I sharpen the blade occasionally, the saw works fine. The manual pruner has more difficulty cutting dead / dry hard wood limbs. I also use an electric pole saw (Portland from HF) around my camp & house where I have power. It was not expensive and is easy to use, never had a problem other than needing to sharpen the chain, so, I did purchased a three pack of extra chains online and always have a sharp one on standby. My brother just bought a 14' gas Husqvarna pole saw. He uses it around his house but I plan to borrow it for use in the woods to cut shooting lanes. ;-)

/ Manual tree pole pruner, what's the trick? #53  
I looked for an electric saw with a 20+ foot pole and apparently, there isn't one.
I have a 16' ECHO gas pole pruner with a 12" bar, and it is a bear to handle at full length, especially if you're stretching for that last extra foot. But it is a brute chain saw for its size. I've used it for 8" limbs and it goes!

/ Manual tree pole pruner, what's the trick? #55  
I too have a manually saw and procrastinate having to use it. If I had many trees to trim I would have to look closely at this saw from Northern Tools. A hydraulic saw for the bucket.
F0A0A4B1-3333-4C82-BA6B-DC79F711AFCE.jpeg

/ Manual tree pole pruner, what's the trick? #56  
Having just spent a chunk of money for a tree service to cut some trees for me, my advice is not to procrastinate. Spending money on a good power pole saw today and actually using it before your trees grow out of control might save you a lot of money later.